Criminal

Had this killer idea and I'm really happy about how it came out. Hope you guys enjoy it!

Dipper walked into the run-down building on the bad side of town.

His sources had said that something bad was going to happen at this exact location.

The problem being, he had no idea what it was. Either way, he planned on relaxing, whether anything bad happened or not.

Of course, with this stage being in the bad side of town, anything could happen.

Drunken bar fights were common, and occasionally someone did die from it.

But that was life in Reverse Falls in 1921.

Dipper sat himself near the bar, that way he was able to see the entire room. But he was near enough to the stage to see what was going on.

Suddenly, the lights dimmed and almost every man in the room began to scoot closer to the stage.

Dipper raised a perfectly trimmed eyebrow. What was it that they were all so excited to see? Was it going to be a fight? Or was this when the alleged 'bad thing' was going to happen?

Slow jazzy music started playing as the curtains rose, revealing three women onstage.

The first girl, in the back on the left had short black hair, which most would say made her look boy-like, but still, very feminine.

Black-haired girl was wearing a white dress with many tassels, short too, not that Dipper was paying much attention to it anyway. Her long, dangly, silver earrings really stood out against her jet-black hair. And the white headband around her head pressed her bangs closer to her forehead.

The second girl in the back and on the right was wearing the same attire. But she wasn't as striking as the girl with black hair was. Perhaps it was because she had a look like many woman Dipper had seen around town.

But the girl in the front, nearest to the edge, she was something else. She was wearing a dress just like the other girls, but instead of it being white, it was as black as night.

Her shoulder-length blonde hair was slightly curly, and it framed her face perfectly. A long silver necklace hung around her neck. Seeing as it was long, it hung near her stomach.

She bore a black headband as well. A silver pendent at the middle of it, and a long black feather as well at the side of her head.

Her black gloves clutched the microphone stand in front of her, like she was nervous, but by her facial expression, she appeared calm.

There was also a feather-y scarf hanging over her arms, and it draped around the back of her.

"I've been a bad, bad girl," the blonde girl sung into the microphone, her voice low and seductive. "I've been careless with a delicate man, and it's sad, sad world, when a girl will break a boy, just because she can."

The two girls behind didn't seem to be singing, most likely they were the backup singers.

"Don't you tell me to deny it. I've done wrong and I wanna suffer for my sins," she continued, leaning closer to the microphone. "I've come to you, 'cause I need guidance to be true, and I just don't where I can begin."

"Ooooh. What I need is a good defense." The other girls began to sing harmony with the angel dressed in black. "Cause I'm feeling like a criminal. And I need to be redeemed to the one I've sinned against."

The two girls broke off, leaving the blonde to sing alone once again. "Because he's all I ever knew of love."

Now, more men had come closer to the stage, eagerly leaning forward. Dipper, being a man, had also come forward, intrigued.

"Heaven help me for the way I am," she sang, and occasionally the other girls would sing harmony with her. "Save me from these evil deeds before I get them done. I know tomorrow brings the consequence at hand. But I keep living this day like the next'll never come. Oh, help me but don't tell me to deny it.

"I've gotta cleanse myself of all these lies 'till I'm good enough for him. I've got a lot to lose and I'm bettin' high , so I'm beggin' you, before it ends just tell me where to begin."

The girls joined in for the chorus. "What I need is a good defense. 'Cause I'm feelin' like a criminal, and I need to be redeemed to the one I've sinned against. Because he's all I ever knew of love."

Instrumental jazzy solo began as the three girls stopped singing. Dipper was surprised at the talent here. The girls shouldn't have been singing in a place like this. They belonged elsewhere.

"Let me know the way, before there's hell to pay. Give me room to lay the law and let me go. I've got to make a play, to make my lover stay."

The blonde girl began singing solo once more, and strange enough, her eyes met Dipper's. "So what would an angel say? The devil wants to know."

"What I need, is a good defense," she sang with the two other girls but then sang alone, "cause I'm feelin' like a criminal. And I need to be redeemed to the one I've sinned against, because he's all I ever knew of love."

Dipper couldn't take his eyes off her, he knew he would have usually blushed and looked away at this point, but something was different.

"Yeah-ah, what I need is a good defense, cause I'm feelin' like a criminal. And I need to be redeemed to the one I've sinned against, because he's all I ever knew of love."

The song finished, curtains closed and the applause rang out like the loudest crack of thunder on a stormy night.

Dipper still couldn't take his eyes off the stage, even though the girls were gone and the curtains were closed.

Maybe there was nothing bad to happen tonight. Maybe his sources were wrong, and for once, Dipper was happy about that.

Knowing it was a long shot, he knew he needed to see that girl. He needed to know her name. Her voice was stunning. She was stunning.

Walking out of the bar, into the crisp night air, Dipper finally felt that he had a good night. And another thing he knew;

He needed to come back the next night and pray that he would see her again.