Affairs

Hey guys! I know, more updates, well I'm running dry on requests so I've had to come up with a few ideas of my own. Nonetheless, I hope y'all enjoy!

"We've made it another year!" Gideon cheered as the party started.

"Yup, one more year for us," Pacifica smiled, her hands intertwining with her boyfriend, Cody's. "And two for you."

"Ugh. . .don't remind me!" Gideon groaned. "Although I'm surprised that the two of you are comfortable coming to this party. Considering it's at Gleeful Manor."

"Why wouldn't we be?" Cody asked, giving Gideon a weird look.

"Well, with all the rumors going around." Gideon shook his head. "Why are you guys playing dumb?"

"Wait, what rumors?" Pacifica leaned closer to her cousin.

Gideon's face paled. "Oh my God, you really dunno."

"What's the rumor?" Cody demanded.

"Well," he shifted awkwardly on his heels. "There's a rumor going around that. . .well, Dipper's pinning after your girl. And that. . .there's an affair happening."

Cody looked around the room for his enemy but couldn't see him. "Gleeful?!"

"Yeah." Gideon nodded.

"Well it's just a rumor." Pacifica rolled her eyes, but then noticed Cody's expression. "Oh no, you're actually worried about this. Don't worry, I'll go tell the damn blue-eyed snake to stop spreading rumors about me. He seriously needs to stop."

Before anyone could say anymore, Pacifica stormed off in an angry rage, her eyes scanning the crowd to find Dipper.

Mabel quickly floated by the two boys who Pacifica left. "Hey guys, enjoying the party?" She mainly asked Gideon. "What am I talking about, of course you are."

"Can you tell your brother to stop spreading rumors that he and Pacifica are having a thing right now?" Cody turned to face Dipper's female counterpart. "It's getting on both mine and Paz's nerves."

"Oh geez," Mabel rolled her eyes and flicked a manicured hand in Cody's direction. "You think Dipper started those rumors, wow you really are out to get him."

"What are you talking about?" Cody looked terribly confused.

"Oh no, Dipper's trying to calm those rumors down, you see." Mabel explained slowly like she believed him to be an idiot. "Someone else started those rumors."

Cody looked somewhat impressed that his enemy hadn't done the worst yet. "So who is spreading them?"

A wide grin spread on Mabel's face. "Why, me of course."

"You?!" both Gideon and Cody exclaimed so loud it almost got the party to a full stop. Almost, being the key word. "Why?"

Mabel shrugged. "I figured it would spice up social media. After all, nearly the entire school wants them together." She pointed a sharp nail towards Cody's chest, "you're the only one in the way."

"Well to hell with what the school wants," Cody threw his hands in the air. "All that matters is what makes me and Paz happy."

Mabel just shrugged. "Uh-huh, okay. Nice chatting with you." and she walked away too.

"What are ya gonna do?" Gideon turned to look at Cody. "She basically told you she's planning on breaking you two up to put Paz with Dipper! Dipper Gleeful!"

"When did she say that?" Cody questioned.

"She didn't have to." Gideon muttered.

* * *

Meanwhile, when Gideon and Cody were chatting along with Mabel and then each other, Pacifica had managed to find Dipper amidst the crowd of partiers.

When Dipper saw Pacifica heading towards him in the crowd, he excused himself from a conversation with a girl who was very obviously flirting with him, and met Pacifica by the spiraling staircase.

"What's going on?" Dipper asked as soon as the two of them were away from everyone else. Therefore, they went upstairs to truly be alone.

"You're spreading rumors about you and me?" Pacifica hissed. "What the hell is wrong with you?" her voice turned quieter.

"I was just going to ask you the same thing!" He exclaimed. "You're spreading rumors about the two of us!"

"Wait what?" Pacifica asked. "You're not spreading the rumors?"

"Neither are . .you?" Dipper looked confused. "I thought--"

"I thought that too." She whispered.

"Mabel," Dipper confirmed.

"I should've guessed." Pacifica shook her head.

"If Cody ever found out about the two of us," Dipper cupped Pacifica's face in one of his hands. "We can't hide this forever."

"I know," she whispered.

"But for tonight," Dipper grabbed her hand, intertwining his fingers with hers. "It's just you and me."

Pacifica nodded. "Private."

"Of course, sweetheart, I'm not stupid." Dipper chuckled and brought her to his bedroom. "Finally, the two of us can get away for a little bit."

"Hold me, Dipper." Pacifica whispered.

They sat down on Dipper's bed, neither of them planning on doing anything that time, and Dipper wrapped his arms around her. "I've missed you."

"I missed you." Pacifica murmured against his chest.

"We should just tell everyone," Dipper whispered. "To hell with what our parents think."

"They hate each other." Pacifica shook her head. "We can't Dipper, I want to be with you. But we can't."

"I know we can't." Dipper groaned. "But it doesn't change how I feel about this. About you."

"Mm," she closed her eyes.

"Am I right to assume you feel the same way for me?" Dipper kissed her forehead, gently.

"Of course you can." Pacifica laughed. "When we're out of high school, we can be together. I want to be with you so bad, Dipper, you know that."

"but our parents hate each other and they'd prefer Cody over me any day." Dipper finished for her. "Break up with him."

"I want to." Pacifica admitted. "But that would raise some eyebrows."

"Not really," Dipper chuckled. "Just say you don't feel the same way anymore and presto."

"I didn't know magicians actually used the word 'presto'." Pacifica couldn't help but laugh.

"They don't." Dipper admitted, "I love you, Pacifica."

"And I love you, Dipper." Pacifica quickly pressed her lips against Dipper's. "I really, really do."