Black and White Piano Keys

Requested by HardyTwister hope y'all enjoy!

There it was.

The soft clink of the piano keys from the musician's room. Pacifica had most certainly heard it that time. It had been making that same noise for the past couple days. Each day, a new melody, each time Pacifica heard it. It wasn't strange anymore to the girl's ears.

She wanted to know who was playing it, but part of her wanted it to be a mystery forever. Just something she could think about from time to time, and never know who played.

But the more curious side of her would always get the best of her. She didn't like that. Nonetheless, she still never went in there to check it out.

There she was, standing outside the door once more, listening to the music play. She couldn't deny what a beautiful sound it made when the 'Mystery Person' played. And it was always played after school, not during the day, or before school even started.

That stumped her. She wondered why someone that talented would only play after school and not try out for any of their school's talent shows.

Pacifica kept listening to the musician play the piano, and she told herself that this was the day she went in there. "This is it, Paz." She whispered to herself. "Time to figure out this 'Mystery Person' is!" She opened the door and stared.

The 'Mystery Person' stopped playing immediately and sighed. "So," his voice had a familiar ring to it, "you finally decided to open the door instead of stalking me from behind the security of it?"

Pacifica gulped. So this guy had known she was listening in to his piano playing. "You. . .you just play well, and I-"

He chuckled, "honestly, sweetheart, if you were that into me, why didn't you just talk to me during one of our many classes together?"

The nickname stuck out to her, and it hit her. "D-Dipper?" She asked, astonished.

"The one and only," he replied smoothly. "What brings you here?"

"I told you, I wanted to see who was playing the piano." She huffed. "I'm just surprised that it's you."

"Should I be flattered or offended?" He asked, getting up from the bench.

"Take your pick." Pacifica replied, stiffly.

"I'm honestly surprised you didn't figure out it was me." He chuckled, almost like he was insulting her intelligence. "I mean, I was flirting with you every morning before school started, and during classes. How did you not assume that it was me?"

"A lot of other people co-"

"Maybe you're not as intuitive as I thought." He mused, walking over to her. "Well, if you'll excuse me I have a five o'clock dinner reservation." He kissed her cheek and walked out.

Pacifica stood there, frozen. Dipper had always tried to kiss her, but he never succeeded because she always pushed him away. Now she had let him. She stood in the room for a few more minutes, trying to piece together what just happened.