•48•

{Aiyana's POV}
(3 and a half weeks later)

This is the day I've been waiting for about 4 years. Graduation. The day we get released from high school...officially.

My mom was not gonna be there obviously. I just borrowed one of her dresses and called it a day. Even though she gets on my nerves at times, I still love her and I wish she wouldn't miss this important day of my life. But it is what it is I guess.

I got ready alone since Kendra was over at her baby daddy's house.

Lance was supposed to come over but he was too busy doing something as he said but at least he's coming to pick me up so we can go there together.

After I put my makeup on, I just put on my dress and my heels and waited for my boyfriend to get here.

When he did, he sent me a text to come outside which I did. Once I did, I was greeted with a hug and a kiss on the lips.

"Took you long enough" I said to him.

"Yeah but I'm here now" he said back.

I went into the passengers seat while he went into the drivers side and we took off.

When we got there we just linked with the normal gang and sat together in our purple cap and gowns.

•¥•¥•¥•

The ceremony was pretty boring and like any other graduation ceremony.

When it was over we all headed over to Lance's place.

"So where y'all going to college?" Lance asked as we sat around his table covered with food.

"Harvard" Bryson said with a confident smile.

His answer made me and Kendra start cracking up.

The boys except for Kadeem who was laughing with us were just looking at us weird.

"What's funny?" Bryson asked with a straight face.

When we stopped laughing we answered, "nothing."

"I'm goin to UCLA" Kadeem said.

"Good for you, my nigga" Bryson said.

"What about y'all two?" Bryson asked while pointing to me and Lance.

"We're deciding to go to BU" I answered while my boyfriend nodded in agreement.

"That sounds boring" Kendra said.

"Says the one that don't even look like she goin to college" I shot back.

All she did in response was kiss her teeth which told me it was true.

"Wait, So y'all really ain't goin to college?" Lance asked Jaylen and Kendra.

"Obviously we ain't goin, we got a whole baby to take care of" Jaylen stated.

"So? That don't mean y'all can't go to college" Kadeem said.

"I know but we need to be in a good place before we think about college right now" Kendra said.

Kadeem shot his hands up in the air in defense, "ok, if u say so."

"Damn, I still can't believe we came all this way...together," Lance said then looked at me, "shorty, you tryna marry me or what?"

Since I was in the middle of taking a sip of my Sprite, I almost choked.

"What?" I asked as everyone else just stared and watched.

"Will you marry me?" He asked me in a different way.

Me, thinkin that he was jokin answered and said, "I guess."

"Aight, Good...ima give you the ring tomorrow."

Everyone at the table laughed and clapped at the same time as I blushed in embarrassment.

"Ok Lance, I see you making big move out here" Kadeem cheered.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Lemme explain...I was too tired to get into detail with the graduation cause I'm out here takin state tests and shit.

But...

Thoughts...

600 Words.

Bye.