Chapter FOURTEEN:

I got home from shopping at around 2:40 and I slammed the 6 bags on the floor as i walked in.

“HELLO?” I called throughout the house. I heard the TV on in the living room. I carried the bags up to my room and then when down stairs to spend some kind of time with Charlie.

“How was shopping?” He asked not taking his eyes off of the TV. He was watching some kind of history channel show.

“Good. I got a new dress, some shoes another new dress.” I said sitting down next to him.

“Why are you in here?” He asked. Charlie was my older, more mature brother. But he didn’t like to spend time with me.

“Because can’t I spend time with my loving brother?”

“What do you want?”

“Nothing.”

“Don’t lie to me Willow? What does that Brooks guy want?”

“What are you even talking about?”

“You never sit down and have a conversation with me. EVER. I’m assuming that your famous boyfriend has something to do with it.”

“You have no idea what you’re talking about. He isn’t my boyfriend, and he isn’t famous.” I denied that he was famous. 

“He has a fan base, he has thousands of girls screaming his name. He has thousands of girls that follow him on twitter. If you say his name people will know who he is. He is famous.”

“That doesn’t even matter. Why can’t I sit down with my brother and talk to him without being accused of being up to something?”

‘Because you never sit and have a conversation with me. I don’t remember the last time we talked.”

“That’s why I wanted to talk. Because I missed you Charlie.”

“Don’t mess with me Willow. You don’t even like me.”

“That’s not true! I love you. You’re my brother I have no choice.”

“Who are you kidding?”

“I’m not kidding anyone. Why can’t you accept the fact that I want to talk to you?”
“Because ever since you got your little boyfriend you have been acting strange. You go out and get drunk every night. You go to hotels with your little friend and you are having sleepovers with guys. You were never like this.”

“Maybe because I’m growing up Charlie? Maybe I’m not the little girl that everyone thinks I am. I’m an adult Charlie, just like you.”

“Well maybe you should start acting like one and not have little hissy fits about stupid crap like you do. Maybe you should make better decisions and not get drunk like you do. Have you ever thought of that Willow?”

“I don’t even get drunk every night? It was once!”

“One too many times.”

“Why are you hating on me so much?”

“Because you’re living in this fantasy life. Don’t you realize that dad isn’t going to be the Prime Minister forever? And you will have to learn to live on a budget and not go out and spend thousands of dollars on clothes you don’t need. You have to learn that everything isn’t going to be handed to you and a press conference won’t solve all your little problems.”

“Maybe Charlie you shouldn’t be such an up tight ass hole and live for the moment. And stop worrying about the future. Have fun for a change and stop worrying.” I said storming out of the living room and running up the stairs to my room. I slammed the doors shut and began to cry on my pillow. The last time I did this I fought with my mom.

An hour later there was a knock on the door.

“Willow, let me in.” It was Charlie.

“Go away.” I yelled

“Let me in.” He knocked again.

“No!”

“I’m sorry Willow.” I was astonished that he had apologized. He wasn’t that type of person to admit that he was wrong. I decided to unlock the door and let him in.

“Keep talking.” I said laying back under my blanket

“You’re right. I am an uptight asshole.”

“Woah Charlie. You cursed.”

“I’m not as much as a loser as you think I am.” He laughed.

“You’re not a loser, you just don’t have fun.”

“I can have fun.” He said pathetically dancing and I just laughed at him.

“But why do you not like Beau?”
“I don’t not like him Willow, I just don’t know him.”

“He is funny and actually a great guy.”

“I’m going to take your word for it, but I’m going to be the guy picking him up from the airport. We are going to have to have a little talk.” He said being too overprotective of me.

“Really?” I groaned.

“Yes, you need to have my approval first.”

“BUt dad likes him.”

“Dad would like the dog that lives on the street. He doesn’t know anything.”

“That’s true. You’re not going to harass him are you?”

“I cannot make any promises.” 

“Charlie, you’re going to make him never want to come back.”

“That’s what i’m hoping for.”

“Charlie!”

“I’m kidding, I know he is a good guy. Anyone who you like is a good guy, but I’m just take caution.”

“You liked Ed?”

“I did like Ed. He was nice, and he did you justice.”

“I lied, you are a loser.” 

“I’m heart broken that you think that.”

“Get over it.”

“I hope you don’t talk to little Beau like that. Becuase If I was him I would dumb you.”

“We aren’t even together.”

“He hasn’t asked you to be his girlfriend?”

“Nope.”

“That’s a problem. I have to beat him up than!” I laughed at him.

“Don’t worry Charlie. You don’t have to hurt him.”

“If he hurts you I will have to.”

“Than I give you permission to kick his ass.” 

“I don’t need your permission.”

“I’m hungry.”

“Me too, Felix has the day off. Let’s go get pizza.” He said pulling me out of bed. I put my shoes back on and followed him down the stairs. As much as I thought we were different. My brother did always have my back no matter what.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Okay like I said I was going to update again because the other chapter was bad. but i really love this chapter. It might be my favorite in the entire story.  :) If you want to see what charlie looks like i'm going to post a picture on the side. And I just realized I used the name Charlie in Fall, but whatever. Thanks for reading! Vote, Comment, Share. etc. :) -Skyla