CHAPTER 64: Reality

Time: Unknown
Location: Hotland
Sans' behavior is getting more erratic with each passing day we're together. I fear that he might be reverting back to his old state. Could I help him again? It seems like he is trying to fight it off.

He blushed, looking away slightly, however, he didn't grin. It was more of a plead, a beg of some sort as he longed for a sound of my voice. Was this keeping him stable? Was he trying to stay sane for himself, or for my own sake? "Yeah." I grinned slightly, and I felt a slight blush creep it's way up to my cheeks; creating more warmth than I really wanted. Though, I can't deny the fact that it felt nice... in a way. "If I can figure out what to say." I chuckled slightly.

The one time I can't yap on for what seems like hours is the one time someone asks me to keep talking. It was rather disturbing, in my opinion, I felt helpless, and the simplest of tasks cannot even be completed by me. I was under pressure, yet there was none at all. I didn't know why I wanted to complete this for him specifically, maybe it was the twinge in my heart every time he spoke to me. "Just say anything." He chuckled, gaining his sense of reality back again. "Not you." He hissed under his breath.

I looked at him with a lot of concern, more than I had than before. Was he talking to papyrus again? What did that mean for him, or for me? "Did you say something?" I asked, as if I didn't hear him talk to himself just now. "I didn't quite catch that." I said, a bit nervously, trying to keep this a secret from who knows at this point. I didn't understand why I wanted to act like I didn't know what was going on, was it to protect him, or me?

"Huh?" He asked, snapping himself back into reality once more. "nothing." He said, sighing slightly.

Walking in a bit of silence, Sans seemed to be more and more irritated and erratic. Hissing to himself and chuckling slightly from nothing in particular. I couldn't pretend as if nothing was happening for long. What was going on inside of his head? What was he dreaming over these past few days to make him so much worse?

"Finally." He said, letting out a sigh of relief, looking at a rather tall building with nice glass windows. "Welcome to the MTT Resort." He said, chuckling, "No one's here, but I have all the keys." He chuckled again slightly.

Reaching into his shorts pocket, and digging slightly, he eventually pulled out a ring of keys, which were all different colors and different varieties from the various locks, I was guessing, that he owned- or stole. He searched for a key that had a square-looking robot on it with a singular wheel to move. It didn't have a face, but one a pattern of lights that took the shape of an 'M' on the center. "What is that?" I asked, looking at the keys, and pointing to the strange machine.

"A key." Sans said sarcastically, and rather bluntly. He managed to keep a straight face for a while until my face contorted into a pit of sarcasm with his, squinting my eyes and opening my mouth to say something in response.

"NO!" I said, rather loudly. "I didn't know!" I said again, very sarcastically. "thank YOU, captain OBVIOUS!" I said, making him chuckle in amusement from my reaction. I tried to maintain a straight face as well, but his bit to laughter made me grin, and eventually I giggled in return to his reaction of my reaction.

Walking up to the door, he unlocked the glass doors, and inhaled the scent of freshness, almost. There was a fountain in the center, broken, with the same robot, and dust piles were scattered around the floors in many clumps. "This is Mettaton." He said, rather darkly, upon seeing the piles of dust. "The star of the underground." He chuckled, "When in reality, I took the spotlight." he chuckled again, kicking the debris of the broken fountain slightly, and walking to the right.

"Are you... okay?" I asked, rather cautiously, in my opinion. "You're acting strange." I said, walking up to him and putting my hand on his shoulder.

Suddenly, he whipped his head around, looking at me with one singular glowing eye, aflame with a red ring, encased with a purple aura. "Don't TOUCH ME." he said, getting angry for a second, as if he wasn't really, him. "YoU tHiNk YoU'rE sO sMaRt To tRy AnD dEsTrOy US?" He said, walking towards me, holding out his hands, and grabbing my neck, holding it tightly.

"S-sSss..." I could only say, with gags and tears coming down my cheeks, I tried to get his hands off of my necks, clawing at them desperately, trying to break free. I was really going to die here, it felt like. there was no escape from his clutches. "Cc-c... aAAaa-a..." I tried to say, but he crushed my voice box mercilessly ,and there was nothing but anger in his eyes. My lungs burned as he held tighter, feeling the pain of his hands clamped around my neck. My face was already pulsing from the pressure of him cutting off the circulation of blood.

"DIE." He said, widening his eyes and forming a grin across what seemed as his entire face. He laughed loudly a the world quickly darkened, and the last thing I saw was his glowing eye.

I shot up in bed, screaming, and covering my mouth, throwing the covers off of me, and looking around frantically, afraid Sans would come after me next.

A dream? I had to ask myself, as my heart rate slowed down at the realization of my surroundings. What was real? When did I get here? I looked to the side table, which was filled with fruit, steak, and many burgers for me to eat. however, I had lost my appetite after that encounter of a nightmare.

I got up and locked my door, paranoid after what had happened, and lied back down to get some sleep, if I could, at least.