CHAPTER 32: You're blue now

Time: 1:24 P.M.
Location: Snowdin
Leaving the warm house behind makes me long for my small apartment even more. The knots in my stomach grow tighter; I'm not sure how much longer I will last.

Walking out into the cold snow, the skeleton did not seem phased at all towards the frozen air that gusted past us every minute or so. The blizzard that had been here when he tossed me out into the snow was not deceased, thankfully. I'm sure he would have made me walk through it, regardless of my condition or bodily functions being physically unable to withstand a certain amount of cold.

It was obvious that he knew the functions of a human body, or he would have not thrown me out into the cold like that, or made me walk into the snow knowing I still had a week to live.

A week.

No—I won't let myself die. I was determined to stay alive and not give into the wants and needs of Chara. I will come out of here alive and tell the institute of my findings, and then tell the world what lengths Chara went to to hide it from me. Maybe this skeleton knew more about why this place was so desolate? He lives here, obviously, but his mental state isn't the most stable. Would his mind revert back to the past like it did with his brother?

After the first few dozen steps in deep, calf-deep snow, my thin, frail legs started to wobble once more, already numb from the frozen temperatures that surrounded them in a blanket of white. "I—...!" I tried to say, hugging myself tighter and tighter, my fingers showed clear signs of windburn already, they were pale and stiff. I couldn't move them. "S...s—.." I stuttered. I couldn't tell if the skeleton was fooling me once more, or if he really couldn't hear me through the winds that were passing by at the moment.

My steps grew shorter and shorter. A few feet in front of me grew into a few yards as the skeleton didn't seem to notice my struggles. My stomach twisted painfully in my stomach once more, and the missing body fat didn't help to my situation of trying to conserve body heat. "Ah—!" I yelped, hoping that the skeleton would hear my cries, but he only kept walking, snow began to fall, blowing in the wind and resting on his blue hoodie. "I—...!" I tried to say through my now chattering teeth.

"M—...m!" I fell into my knees, shivering and shaking, hugging myself as the skeleton fell out of view in the light snowfall. "H-Hey!" I tried to say, but it only came out as a hoarse whisper again, my chattering teeth got in the way of my direct speaking abilities, and all I could make out were small mutters of syllables of words no one but me could seem to understand. It's not like anyone else was listening.

Another knot from my stomach, and I gasped in pain. Why couldn't I just find a place to eat something?? I was surrounded by trees, I could eat the bark off of the evergreens, but that only applies to the ones on the surface, where they are rich in nutrients. The ones down here, on the other hand, had to adapt to keep themselves alive. Would they suffice?

A better question, could I make it over there?

I couldn't even move my exposed hands any longer, and tearing the bark off of an evergreen would sure be very painful, and very damaging to my hands. My body stung of ice burn.

That skeleton isn't coming back for me, is he? He couldn't care less about my life, even though he is carrying it in the palm of his hands. Why doesn't he just kill me now? I'm sure he could find Chara on his own. He's just toying with me, like a puppet. Unless... he's never seen the surface?

Needless to say, I can't say that I'm not grateful for him sparing me and "healing" me. I have yet to ask what that term really means. Maybe I'll get the chance sometime?

My stomach made another knot, and I could feel the feeling of wanting to throw up the extra acid in my stomach so it wouldn't burn through my organs, but I held it in. It would only make me more dehydrated and hungry.

That's if I get the chance.

"There you are, Girlie." A familiar voice rand from... behind me? I tried to turn around, but only collapsed even further, lying in the snow like a helpless rag doll. Now I guess I really was his toy. "Don't fall asleep on me now." He frowned. "You humans are needier than I thought." He grinned, playing dumb. "What? A little snow never hurt anybody." He chuckled, walking in front of me, where I could only see his pink slippers due to half of my face in the snow. I helplessly wheezed as my stomach acid continued to eat through my organs.

"I c—...can't...." I tried to say to him, I could tell he was reading my chattering lips. "...m—move a—... anymore.." I trailed off, my eyes were growing heavy.

He kneeled down in front of me, his honey knee touching the surface of the snow and sinking in close to my face. His skeletal fingers cane out of his jacket pocket in two's and a very cold sensation was felt on the underside of my jaw—where my lymph nodes were. "Still breathing." He said, shifting a bit. "She's just barely hanging in there." He chuckled slightly. There was a moment of silence in the air before he spoke again. "You said it, not me." He chuckled, shifting a bit.

"Well, I'M not going to do it!" He stood up, turning around. "Go ahead! You want to?" He said. "Humans ain't that fun when they're a deadbeat." He grumbled, as I was slowly raised into the air. I couldn't move, no matter how hard I tried to move even the slightest muscle, it felt as if something has a grasp on my entire body. Clutching me and commanding my body. Like a puppet.

The skeleton held up one singular hand, his index finger was encased in a cyan blue, contrasting his purple eyes. I couldn't see much around me, but I was in-fact defying gravity. He pulled me over what seemed as another dust pile in the middle of the snowy strip in between the rows of evergreens, though it could have as well as been a pile of snow.

The skeleton chuckled, I seemed to follow at his command. "You're blue now." He said. "That's my attack..."

And the world blackened once more.