CHAPTER 11: Dirty Liar

2: 54 p.m.

"Friskkkk..." Chara hummed from behind the door. "Come on! Let me out!" She complained. "I'm hungry, Damnit!" She growled, punching the door again. I looked up from my magazine and uncrossed my legs from the dinner table to listen to her pleas once more. My lips grew into a flat line and I huffed loudly.

"No!" I yelled, aggressively putting the book back onto my lap to realize nothing she said was important, turning the thin magazine page, almost causing it to tear. "You should have thought about that when you tried to attack me!" I yelled, sighing in frustration. "Joke or not! It scared the hell outta me!"

"Come on!" Chara said. "It was just a prank! I swear! Yes, I went too far, but you need to let me out! Don't let me starve in here!" She yelled helplessly. She banged on the door once. "Frisk! Open this door damn it!" She knocked something hard against the door, causing it to bump against the chair that was keeping the door shut in between the door and the door handle. There was a soft 'ow' that came from behind the door. I could guess she knocked her head against it.

"The answer is no!" I yelled, burying my head into the magazine once more. "You went ballistic after seeing that skeleton on the TV!" I said. "You're staying in there! A human can go up to three weeks without water or food. You'll be FINE." I snapped towards the door.

There was another groan of frustration. Something along the lines of "I want pasta".

My cellphone yet again caused me to jump, and I rushed to answer it due to the immense silence that still consumed the house. The caller ID was familiar, and a slight smile formed when I answered and out the phone up to my ear. "So?" I asked. "Any news?" My left arm closed the magazine and set it on the table so I could wander aimlessly while talking into the phone. "I'm dying of anticipation here!"

"A little less than a hundred killed." Dr. Hudson said through the speaker. "Shorty after the incident, the skeleton went on a rampage, killing lots of people in the nearby area. The choppers and military officials got him quarantined now." He said. I sighed in relief. "He was looking for a particular person to kill. It was strange." He said. "To have that much hate."

"Sometimes people just can't control it." I said. "Well, things." I corrected myself. "Anyways, what's the update on the underground? And where is he being quarantined at? I would love to ask him a few questions or even get a DNA sample." I said, almost too excitedly. "That's if, you know, the military lets us." I laughed slightly. I wandered around, walking in circles around the small sofa in the middle of the living room.

"Actually, Frisk..." He said, "He willingly went back to the underground, letting the officers cuff him and such. There are armed officials outside of the cave openings now. However, With that incredible speed we saw on television, the skeleton could have evaded getting caught. I just ask why give his freedom up?" Dr. Hudson said. "Unless He were just toying with the military officials..." he thought out Loud. "But for now, you stay indoors. Don't even mention the project. We have too many suspicious eyes on us." His old voice wavered slightly. "The U.S. military does want all of the data we have collected so they may research this skeleton throughly. A small cooperation like us does not have the access to do large scale experiments like this.

"I got it." I said, disheartened once more. "I'll stay inside." I huffed. "And thanks for the update. I really appreciate it." I smiled. "I'm glad you have connections with the police department. We would have never known the situation." I laughed slightly, realizing I had been walking in circles for a few minutes now. I continued walking around the small sofa, creating a figure 8 around the coffee table as well.

"The military might actually do more research into making this skeleton the first biological weapon." He said. "With the proper training and correct guidance, this skeleton could possible be an option to intervening in the upcoming world war 3." Dr. Hudson said with a sigh. "I don't support it, but not everyone supported the atomic bomb either." He sighed. "It's not fair to the species that we're doing this to! And you never know Just how many more of these skeletons there are down in that cave!" He exclaimed.

"I don't support it either." My eyebrows furrowed. "I feel as if they are treating this new specimen as a thing. They are not giving it basic human rights if they do force the skeleton into being a WMD." I said. "Yes they have tried to do experiments for WMD's before, however, they have all been human." I said. "With being human comes natural rights."

"Does he still have natural rights if he murdered all those people?" Dr. Hudson asked me, getting me to think a bit. "How is this any different than making prisoners do volunteer work? This is just war. And what capabilities this skeleton has, the thoughts are limitless." He said.

"You almost sound as if you're for it." I said. "Are you sure you're against it."

"I am merely trying to see both sides of the argument." He said, sighing. "How is Chara holding up?" He asked suddenly. "I haven't heard from her in a while." I stopped and looked towards the barricaded door, the one she was behind. A small bead of sweat went down my neck, and I swallowed hard. "Hello?" Dr. Hudson asked curiously.

"I-I can assure you.." I said, staring at the door. "That we're both alright. And we're both fine." I smiled, to complete the bold faced lie that I had just told my idol. The one person I looked up to, I lied to. "Chara is sleeping at the moment. You know her!" I laughed. "Always ... sleeping." Something in my chest hurt as I continued to support the horrible lie with even more lies. They just kept spewing out of my mouth like a waterfall of emotions. "How about you?" I quickly changed the subject.

"That's good to hear." He said happily, which caused my stomach to turn even more. I hated lying to the higher ups. It made me feel like the scum on the bottom of my shoe. And the fact that he bought it made me feel worse. "I'm going fine. Thank you for asking." He said. "Now, I would love to chat more, but I really just go. Do not forget to get those data files for the military. They should be coming to collect them tomorrow." Dr. Hudson said.

"I'll get them together shortly." I said, pressing the end call button and sighing, putting my phone on sleep mode.

"You're a dirty liar." Chara said from behind the door. "A dirty. Dirty. Liar."