CHAPTER 23: Insanity

Location: Waterfall
No need to have her there in waterfall. She wouldn't take care of the flowers there like she used to. She would only plague them with her disgusting voice.

Looking down at the unconscious girl, I had surprised myself how at how easy it was to get Chara right under my skeletal fingers. Her frail body, unlike other runs, was just laying there on the ground, pathetic and weak. "IS THIS REALLY CHARA?" Papyrus asked me, and for a second I had actually considered the arbitrary thought that came across my mind.

No. She's definitely Chara. She looks exactly like her, and she's in the underground after the military had me sealed under here. I wonder when the next scout is coming back?

I let out a loud cackle of laughter shortly afterwards, and held my skeletal stomach in the process. Papyrus joined in shortly after looking at each other. "Not Chara?" I laughed. "Yeah, she's different, but Man!" I laughed, tears brimming in my eye sockets. "You didn't need to say that!" I howled, chuckling shortly afterwards and tucking my hands in my jacket pockets. There was a moment of silence after the laughter died down, a frown was back on my face. "So what do we do with her?" I asked Papyrus. He always had the best ideas. "We're not playing house guest I can tell you that." I chuckled.

"I'D SAY WE KILL HER." He grinned, widening his eyes in the process, making him look for sadistic. "IT'LL GET HER OUT OF OUR WAY. SHE DESERVES TO DIE AFTER WHAT SHE'S DONE." Papyrus commented, not laughing. He was completely serious. "WE CAN WAIT UNTIL SHE WAKES UP, MAYBE WE CAN HEAR HER ECHOING SCREAMS." He said, pointing to the echo flower.

It echoed in small phrases, echoing the last sentence it heard. 'We're not playing house guest. I can tell you that.' It echoed. I furrowed my eyebrows, shaking off the thought and looking down at the human girl.

There was a moment of silence once more, as if my thought process was coming back. Back to before I had subsided to the madness. "However," I said, fearing the return to my sanity. "I killed them all because I needed to save them! Save them from Chara's massacre and save them from the humans that threatened to fall." I grinned. "I showed them LOVE and mercy." I chuckled at the memory, but frowned at the situation I was in. "I don't want to offer Chara that same mercy I offered them."

It's called LOVE, after all.

Papyrus hummed, as if thinking for me. I couldn't decide what I wanted to do with the unconscious girl. I had only hit her with the butt if my knife, knocking her out temporarily until I can transfer her to the location of my choosing. "IT ALL SEEMS TOO EASY." Papyrus pointed out, and I nodded to it. It was like he could read my mind. It was too easy. Chara would have put up for of a fight. Chara doesn't have that look of fear in her eyes. "DO YOU THINK THAT SHE'S TOYING WITH US?" Papyrus asked, bringing up a good point in the situation. "IT COULD BE AN OPTION." He wavered slightly.

"Where should I take her?" I asked Papyrus, rubbing my chin slightly and thinking aloud. Another moment of silence emitted from the dark caverns. Papyrus shrugged, he had no ideas. The same as me. Suddenly, my face lit up, grinning and I laughed slightly. "I got it!" I grinned, walking over to Chara with a chuckle of amusement. Slinging her over my shoulder, I snapped once, teleporting myself to the destination of my choosing. "Heh. Home sweet home." I grinned, chuckling and throwing her limp body carelessly in our small shed. The human capture zone. "Just like old times, right Papyrus?" I asked him.

No answer came from Papyrus, and I turned around, frowning slightly. "Papyrus?" I asked, looking around for him with a slight bit of fear. "Papyrus??" I asked once more, frantic now. He was gone! Where could he have gone in such a short time? "Papyrus!" I yelled, snapping and teleporting inside my own home, leaving Chara in the shed. "Where are you?!" I yelled, I was growing hysterical. My blue magic had only a small tint of purple inside of it.

No no no! No!

I searched everywhere. His room, my room, the kitchen. He wasn't there! He was always right behind me, always right next to me. I numbly trekked back towards the couch, and hopelessly sat down, slumped over and my hands in between my knees. They were intertwined with each other, something I never did. "I guess I really am alone this time." I trailed off, letting out a sad chuckle. "I deserve it, don't I?" I started shaking. Papyrus was the only one I had left.

That small, sad chuckle turned into a fit of mad laughter, throwing my head back and holding my head in agony. "THEY ALL LEFT ME!" I screamed to myself in the empty room. "I KILLED THEM ALL! I KILLED THEM!" I screamed once more, laughing in a hysterical fit. The first tear fell down my skull, a warm bead of water down my cheekbone. It surprised me— no—It scared me, the thought of remembering their screams.

I grabbed my skull once more, wrapping my fingers around my skull and into my eye sockets. I wish I could just pull myself apart, leaving nothing but dust like the rest of them.

The first memory showed, the wide eyes of people of Snowdin, and their screams as I mercilessly slashed them down into dust. They were afraid of me. Their screams were terrifying. "Stop it!" I yelled to myself. Punching myself hard in the skull to stop the memories. "NO MORE!" I screamed.

And in a flash, they stopped. Surprisingly. It started with a chuckle, and my insane laughter was back again. My dark purple magic flowed brightly as my magic overflowed with insanity. "SANS?" Papyrus tapped my shoulder, causing me to turn. "SANS? ARE YOU ALRIGHT? YOU LEFT ME!" Papyrus said, slightly hurt from the situation.

"I know I did." I grinned madly. "I'll make sure I never leave you again." I grinned, looking at him with mad eyes. "My dear, dear Papyrus." I looked at him and grinned widely. "My insanity."