Chapter 31: You're Not My Twin

YO! Just wanted you guys to know this is going to be a lonnggg chapter

YO! Just wanted you guys to know this is going to be a lonnggg chapter... lots of drama. So buckle up. Also be aware of time jumping back and forth because that will happen for this chapter and the next.

Enjoy! And don't forget to Vote! Comment! Share! 

Ps. I literally ignored my project that's due tomorrow for this! And it's 3 am.. school is in 5 hours.

_____________________

I was surrounded by a never ending darkness that resembled the nighttime sky, but unlike the sky when the sun sinks down into the horizon, it didn't leave behind the glowing lights of the stars that always linger. It was just dark.

A darkness that had the strong presence of loneliness camouflaging into it, mixing the two so they they could form as one. Form into one deep, unsettling feeling that embedded itself inside me and even out, sticking to the surface of my skin, making me feel so very alone.

I was just sinking into the depths of it, unable to breath in as I opened my mouth, desperate to have oxygen pour into my burning lungs. I couldn't breath. I couldn't suck in any air although my entire body was begging on its knees for me to do so.

Where was I?

Was I detached from earth and put in space? Was I just a floating corpse who slowly suffocated at the lack of breathable oxygen in this light deprived void?

And suddenly this soundless pit of emptiness I wandered about was gone, a blaring siren ripped through the eerily quiet atmosphere, grasping me with two large hands and yanking me by the throat back into reality, and out of the protective darkness designed solely for the purpose of shielding me. However, the damage was indeed done, and the measures being taken to ensure that the further parts of my mind remain sane was pointless.

It didn't matter how short those few moments were, they were engraving itself in my mind and seeping into me, infecting me with a poisonous, ominous venom. Such a venom that had the power to make or break me, and it was up to me completely to decide just how much of an impact this would have on me.

But that wasn't exactly true, because not all of us can help how we feel, or change the way we process a tragedy. Life was life, humans are humans, and we will do just what we all eventually do, fall helplessly into the darkest parts of our mind.

"Hey! Are you ok? Ma'am, I need you to breathe."

That's when my eyes flew open, staring face to face at the middle aged medic whose warm touch heated up the area around my shoulder, alerting me that I was far from the darkness of space and instead in the darkness of Earth.

And the only reason my head grew light as a feather and why it felt like a noose was choking me, was all due to the fact I was in the midst of a full blown panic attack. The chills sweeping up my back and causing me to shake like a leaf in the wind wasn't because of the freezing air, it was because of the lost of control I had over my body to prevent myself from trembling.