Chapter 6: Whatever Is Best

Sia's voice and mine mingled together as I sang, "You shoot me down but I won't fall, I am titanium, I am titanium," my high pitch voice powerfully resonated throughout the auditorium.

"Damn! Girl can I have your voice?" Michael whined, putting his hands on both my shoulders and shaking me crazily.

I swatted his hands away and gave him a light chuckle.

"Stop acting like your voice is awful. Yours is just as good, if not better," I truthfully praised him.

Just as he opened up his mouth to respond, an arm draped around me and beat him to it.

"Oh, please! Annalise, stop trying to spare his feelings, we all know his voice sounds like a dying whale."

I looked up to see Zachery, his dark red hair was tied back into a short pony tail, his deep blue eyes mocking Michael. A cruel smirk played on his lips, making the red freckles that were splattered across his nose and his cheeks, spread as he broke into a wide smile. 

"How dare you!" Michael grilled him, hurt across his face.

"I'm just kidding, Mike!" Zachary blurted, hoping it would calm the rage to come.

"Leave me be, you ginger!" He called out, while I took some steps back, hopefully closer to the stairs so I can run off the stage.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! No need to say such a thing," he says, stepping closer to diva side Michael.

"Get away from me peasant. I don't want you and your negativity any closer to me," he yelled, crossing his arms.

"Don't be like that! I was kidding," he pleaded.

Michael scoffs, making a desperate Zachary attack him. In a blink of an eye, he was right in Mike's face, giving him sloppy rough kisses.

"Bitch your kisses mean shit!" He shouted, until Zachary's lips smashed against his own.

Well, that's one way to make him quiet.

It was a good thing the auditorium was free of students, besides, it was after school hours. The practice me and my classmates had was long over, but sometimes I like singing on my own.

Just as I was tip toeing down the steps, Michael screamed my name.

"Annalise! Don't you dare leave me with," he starts and looks at Zachary, "with this sexy piece of meat that puts all other guys to shame!" He finishes.

Zachary bites his lips and winks at Michael, wiggling his eyebrows.

"You know it," he said, giving his boyfriend a quick peck on the lips.

PDA! PDA! Stop the PDA! I internally begged.

"I don't want to see the two of you all lovey-dovey," I explained, holding two hands to my eyes.

"Sweet innocent girl, you'll one day join the dark side and the PDA will be fun," Michael grinned.

I gave him a flat look.

"In all seriousness, what's going on with Alice?" Zachary questioned, stating what's in all our thoughts.

"You've noticed something off as well? I thought it was just me," I added truthfully.