Chapter 12: Lost Turf

•This is only the last couple of paragraphs from the last chapter, not all the main points•

Previously on Annalise:

I snapped out of my mini trance and grabbed Alice's wrist, "Let's go."

"What? Why?" She frowns, forming a crease on her forehead and her lips parting out.

"For reasons!" I truthfully stated.

"Aye, don't go just yet," the older guy tells us.

Yeah, cause staying with creepy guys like you are the highlights of the party. My inner self brutally thinks.

I shake away the rude comments floating inside my mind and try to pull Alice away.

"Hey, room for two more?" A deep familiar voice questions.

Alice whips her head in the direction of a brown skinned guy with dreadlocks, holding hands with a light skinned girl with black curly hair and brown eyes.

Her eyes and his instantly connected.

"Tate," she growled.

"Sweet, sweet, Alice," he greeted.

He landed his eyes on me, "Annalise," he dryly addressed me.

***

The older guy maliciously grins at us, his lips curling up and his eyes twinkling with interest. He leaned further into the couch, angling his body to our direction, laying one of his arm on the armrest and the other bending, allowing his elbow to press against the armrest while he used his hand, which was balled up, to lay his jaw atop of.

"There's always room for one more," he told Tate, a sly smile taking over his face, making his lips turn up slightly and his front teeth become expose to us.

I snuck a look over at Alice, seeing her eyebrows knitting together and being pulled down, her lips were tightly pursed and her hands were tensely on her hips. Actually, her hands created firm fists, making her knuckles turn white.

"Like he said, only room for one more. There's two of you, so scram," she aimed to keep her attitude neutral, failing miserably when her voice gradually rose up and vexation weaved itself into her last few words.

"It's all good, there's still one seat left and the cutie can just sit here on his lap," the guy obscenity proposed, pointing his hand in the direction of the seat, next to the girl with diva curls.

"Alright," Tate concurs, pleased with the thought of letting Kim sit on his lap.

He takes a hold of Kim's hand and pulls her along with him, leading her to the couch. He sits down and tugs Kim down to his lap. She darts her eyes away from Alice and I, shifting her position to find a comfortable place. Once she settles, she slings her arm around Tate's neck.

"How about we make this game more interesting? If someone picks dare and refuse to do what is ask of them than they have to drink a shot of this," the older guy raises a bottle, his dark eyes piercing into mine, a small grin tugging at his lips.