Chapter 16: Shots

He shared a look with Noah, his face void of any detectable emotions. The guy's light green eyes landed on mine again, this time he was sporting a huge smile, his white teeth flashing at me.

"I think I remember you," Noah's friend said, his unusual wide smile still intact.

I wonder if he remembers all his unsuspecting victims that he drugs at parties, my inner self sneered in disgust.

"I remember you," I firmly stated, blinking several times at him, until I detached my eyes from the guy.

It felt like a rope was sliding its way around my neck as someone pulled on it, aggressively using it to squeeze at my airway. I could feel my neck veins tense up as I gulped hard.

"You guys know each other?" Noah asked, his right eyebrow shooting up as his eyes flickered between us.

I peeked over at the guy and his facial features held recognition.

"Shit," he curses, looking up.

"Bro, what?" Noah vexedly replied, now crossing his arms and moving over to me.

Noah glared at his friend after taking in my incapable act of putting up an 'everything's ok' mask. His eyes glazed over with concern as he dropped his sight to my face.

"Are you alright?" He worriedly laid his hand on my arm, intently studying every aspect of my face.

I rolled my lips into my mouth, licking them and darting my eyes elsewhere from his. I parted my lips and took a deep breath in, letting the air attempt to calm me from the dreadful feelings attacking the inside of my stomach.

"I'm so sorry," the guy in front of me says, his eyebrows drooping down and his eyes closed shut with regret.

Is that remorse? I didn't expect this change of heart. I just saw him take me in with a sly smirk and an evil aura sticking to him.

I didn't pry my mouth open as my lips became glue together.

"Sorry for what?" Noah glowered at him suspiciously, taking a menacing step forward. "Did you do something to her?" He questioned, looking at his friend up and down.

"It was an accident," the friend continued, holding his palms out, as if to show Noah he wasn't going to do anything harmful.

"Go on," Noah impatiently told him, staring at him attentively.

"I don't really remember everything of the night of Hannah's party. But remember, Noah, when Alessandro found me all knocked out in the bathroom?" He explained, freshly releasing these details to me.

My eyebrows moved together, curious to where this was going. Noah shook his head, a move to show he does recall it.

"I was drinking from the keg and started to feel really, really, fucking off. My vision kept blurring, I started to sweat a lot, my head felt like exploding and I reached the bathroom to splash some water on my face, but then I just lost control and I was out like a light bulb."

Wait... he was drugged too.

"Before that, I met this girl," he points to me. "I gave her a drink that night too and we were talking until that unwanted dick busted in."

I registered his reference to Ricky and shivered.

"So, you were also drugged? You're not just some creep trying to take advantage of girls?" I blurted out, feeling relief pouring over me but not completely.