Chapter 10: You'll Regret It

I brushed out my brunette curls, making them into big bumpy waves. Looking into the mirror, I bounced my waves upwards to give my hair volume, but it made it a tiny bit frizzer.

I have such good luck.

I opened the cabinet, where the mirror connected to, and searched the shelves to find my toothpaste. It wasn't in sight. I stood up on my tip toes to peer over the top shelf, but I couldn't examine what was there. I couldn't see.

Going flat on my feet again, I skimmed my fingers along the smooth, also dusty, surface. My fingers laid upon a cold item, which probably was made from mental. I tilted my head to get a good view of the object I was slowly pushing towards me. A silver color met my eyes as the object revealed itself.

I went on my tip toes again and it gave me the leverage I needed to be able to snatch the silver thing. The second I grasped the cold mental object, my right feet released a instant sharp pain, causing me to suddenly and unexpectedly land back on my feet, letting go of the item.

Still having my eyes focused on the silver, now falling object, I realized it was scissors. My eyes bulged out, the scissors were quickly falling down to my face. I instantly stumbled back and lost my balance, making my hands brush up against the floor as I stopped my body from completely toppling over.

The impact of the scissors crashing with my sink resonated throughout my bathroom, making my heart skip at the booming sound.

Wow, Annalise, only 7:45 and you're causing accidents already? My deep inner self displeasingly grunted.

"Annalise? Sweetie? Everything ok in there?" My dad's voice floated to my ears, it was far away, considering he had to yell through my bedroom door since my bathroom is connected to my room.

"Yeah! I've just dropped something!" I responded back.

"Oh, alright. Don't be late for school! You're mother won't like it if you come to her class late!" He warned.

"I know! Thanks!" I shouted.

"Can you all stop the yelling?" Asher barked from downstairs, his aggravation displaying.

"Sorry!" I loudly whispered, but then I realized he wouldn't hear it.

I shook my head and retreated back to my feet. Looking into the sink, I spotted open hair-cutting scissors. I picked it out and placed it on the counter.

I'll put that away later.

Examining my area, the memories rushed back to me. I placed my toothpaste in the cup with my toothbrush!

***

"I feel glorious, glorious," I sang to myself.

"Annalise, as much I love your singing, please be quiet. This may be more important news about Jemstone," Alice whispered into my ear.

My elective was 5 minutes in when Mrs. Fluent came rushing into class, late.

"Sorry for my tardiness," she huffed, out of breath.

"No problem," Alice sweetly said.

Mrs. Fluent gave her a smile before attempting to say what she mentioned moments ago, when she was struggling from her lack of oxygen, which made her speech uninterpretable.