Chapter 15: I've Seen You Before

Wednesday and Thursday were long gone and Friday was tumbling along quickly. I went offstage and grabbed my phone, the big numbers on my lock screen alerted me it was four o'clock.

I decided today I would go home early, usually I'll leave around four thirty, about one hour after singing practice with everyone was over. I liked working by myself in the auditorium, but it was getting darker outside more earlier and I didn't want to drive without the light of the sky.

I placed my phone down and ran out onto the stage, grabbing the microphone and stand I was borrowing. I carried the objects towards a small closet that was located near the wings.

The only sound spreading throughout was the sound of my brown boots stepping across the stage. I cautiously placed the objects in the closet and closed the door.

Then I stopped, my ears and other senses grew vigilant as the double doors to the auditorium clicked shut. That would only happen if someone came in.

I froze, my muscles stood still and my breathing was cut off as I searched for noises of footsteps. I waited for a couple of seconds and no noise gave away anyone's presence, so I made my way back to my phone.

I approached the round white table and halted, my iPhone wasn't there. I frantically bent down and inspected the floor underneath, only traces of dirt and dust were there.

I returned back on my feet and picked up my water bottle from the table, sipping the cool water and soothing the dryness of my throat. In the process, I examined my surroundings, stacked up black chairs were pushed into the corner of the wings and hidden by the red curtains on stage.

I set my water down, near my bag, and walked my way to the old dusty piano. Maybe I left it there and forgot. I raked my eyes over the top of the piano, only to find nothing.

I could've sworn I left it on the table.

I turned away, but before I could leave, two arms came on either side of me. The person placed their hands on the piano and trapped me between. I glanced up with dilated, fearful eyes, and shrieked in shock.

"Gotcha," Noah whispered huskily, a crafty smirk curling one side of his lip up.

I stared into his hazel brown eyes, a lock of his curly hair dripped down his forehead. His eyes were coated with dark humor and his face was pinched with deviousness, maybe it was just the shadow making him appear nefarious.

"Goodness, Noah. I haven't seen you for the whole week. Why are you here now? School's over," I breathed out, my voice thick with jitters.

"Eh, well, I've been busy... been up to no good," he laughed knowingly, looking to the side for a moment before adding, "And I'm just showing a friend around. He's going to attend here."

I brushed off his mysterious comment and smiled, "Who's the friend?" I asked.

His smirk broke into a wide smile and he dropped his arms to his side, "Aren't you missing something?"

At the mention, I remembered my phone. I left the imprisonment I was in and turned around, bending onto my knees and resuming my search.

"I am," I acknowledged, not spotting my phone under the piano.

"... wait, how do you know?" I said, perplexed by his right assumption.