Chapter twenty-one

The buttons on the elevator each had a picture rather than a number, corresponding to the horror game (or movie/book series, in Brizzy and Wengie's cases) each floor was on. (For example, the button for the floor Baldi was on had a you can think pad picture on it, the button for the floor Freddy and the others were on had a picture of a Bonnie plush on it, and so on.) We knew that we each had to go on a different floor...which meant we had to split up. We agreed to meet back up in the room with the blue-liquid-filled-tube-thingies once we all got our medals back.

Think was chosen to go out of the elevator first. He pressed the button with the teddy bear on it, and we could feel the elevator zooming down floors, as well as across floors left and right, which was a bit strange for a elevator, but hey, after what we've been through, nothing surprises me anymore.

The elevator eventually did come to a stop (rather abruptly, we all fell over.). Think, or, um....Slenderman right now, I guess...walked into a room with old, brown, wooden walls. The same room as the room in Granny where the door is. The elevator doors immediately closed behind him with a snap, and we were left in the small room again. We looked at each other. What had just happened? We decided to shake it off, and Mike pushed the button with a cat cupcake on it. The elevator immediately took off, turning every which way and then immediately went down so fast that our feet left the floor. When we landed, we again fell down. It's a miracle that we aren't dead yet just because of this elevator, but maybe our disguises made us invincible or something? I don't know.

The doors shot open to the Doki doki literature club meeting room. No one was inside yet. Mike stalled, up until Cupquake got a bit impatient. She said a silent, "sorry" and shoved him out. He yelped, and crashed to the floor, before muttering a non-sarcastic "thanks" and the doors again slammed shut.

We again just stood there, staring at where Mike had been laying on the floor moments before. I took a deep breath, and pushed a button with the you can think pad and the elevator was off again, throwing us around like some insane roller coaster without seatbelts or things to keep us inside. We finally landed, or rather crashed, onto the floor. Standing up and rubbing my head, I groaned. I was getting a bit tired of this, and honestly just wanted to go home. The only reason I hadn't mentioned that to the YouTubers was because I didn't want them to be distracted from the objective here.

The doors opened to show Baldi's schoolhouse. The YouTubers all turned to face me, and I took a deep breath, picking up the jumprope and walking out of the elevator. A millisecond later, I turned around to a slamming noise. Where the elevator had been less than a second before, was now a white brick wall, just like all the other walls in the schoolhouse. It just...disappeared.

I tried to walk forward. I couldn't move. When I tried to walk, I only walked in place, staying where I was. I looked at the jumprope in my hands. Taking one handle in each hand, I jumped. Nothing. I then thought: how does Playtime get around in the game? She always has her jumprope, and when it's not broken, it's always going around and around. I began to skip rope, jumping over the rope but skipping forward at the same time.

The first jump, I instantly moved forward like, a foot. I kept skipping rope, and just zoomed through the halls. I hoped that I wouldn't have to go too far to find Baldi, because after a while, I knew I was going to get tired.

I skipped into one of the classrooms, and saw Baldi teaching. By now, I was actually allowed to walk around the classroom with my jumprope in one hand. Baldi turned around, and he...actually looked like a human being, which I guess was either really nice or really terrifying.

actually looked like a human being, which I guess was either really nice or really terrifying

"Playtime." He said in his goofy voice, but sounded a bit as if he were scolding me. "You're late."

"S-sorry, Mr. Baldi." I answer, my voice more static-y and a bit deeper than usual. I take a seat next to This is a bully, who actually looks kind of attractive in real life, kind of like a few comics I've seen in VOAdam's comic dubs, the ones that make bully look like anime or something...ANYWAYS,

I saw the ruler on the side of Baldi's desk, and half of it was hanging off of the side. I wouldn't take my eyes off of that medal. When Baldi turned his back, I slowly got out of my seat. I crept as fast as I could, and slowly inched towards the desk, when Bully cleared his throat.

"Whatcha doing?"

"Just gonna get the ruler, so he can't spank us."

"You're gonna make him mad."

"Not if he doesn't find out too soon." I then turn to him. Bully's smiling slyly. "You're...not gonna tell him, are you?" I ask, a bit afraid.

"Depends." He answers. "Whatcha have to offer?"

I sigh, a bit frustrated, and check the pockets of my dress. I find a few screws, a necklace, five dollars, and a small stuffed rabbit. Pulling out the five dollars, I hand it to Bully, who says,

"Pleasure doing business with you." He stuffs the money in his pocket and leans back in his chair, relaxing. I begin to inch closer to the desk, little by little.

I get onto my hands and knees, going as slowly as I possibly can towards the desk. Reaching up my hand, I grab the end that's hanging off of the desk and quickly snatch it. Unfortunately for me, it hit the side of the desk as I was snatching it closer. Baldi freezes. I slowly begin to inch away and look at Bully. All the color is drained out of his face. He looks terrified. Baldi's head turns 180° around and he looks straight at me.

"Playtime..." He says in a terrifyingly calm voice. "What are you doing with my ruler?"