Chapter twenty

I close my eyes and brace myself for death. I hear the jump-scare static scream that the animatronics make when you get a game over, and I feel two strong arms yank me by my arms just as a few feathers brush my neck. Opening my eyes, I realise that I'm being dragged backwards towards Think and Mike. They drag me to them and we all huddle under the security guard console, wires being the only things separating us from the monsters. Just when Monika almost reaches us, I hear someone accompanying her voice. It's the exact same voice, but when Monika stops singing, the other voice continues. She and the other antagonists look around, confused. I look around as well, and see Brizzy over in a corner, wearing a costume identical to Monika's uniform and hair. Wengie must have diy'd it while we were hiding. Man, that was fast. Brizzy's voice is almost exactly how Monika's actual voice sounds. Once Monika becomes confused, Mike takes this opportunity to sneak out. He jumps onto the console and clicks a few files. Seeing the files for Doki doki literature club, he quickly clicks on it.

We hear Monika shriek. She begins to charge angrily at Mike, fire in her eyes. He whimpers a bit and types faster. Monika grabs his wrist and turns him around to face her. I quickly jump up to the computer and click on Monika's file. She swipes at me right after I hit delete.

She makes the same shriek as last time, when Mike smacked her with a ruler. "What have you done to me?!!!" She exclaims, screaming in agony and releasing Mike, who scrambles back under the desk. She then continues to glitch and then just...disappears.

By now, the animatronics have figured out who was behind the fake Monika. They're cornering Brizzy and Wengie in the corner. Think jumps up, slamming his hands on the keyboard. Seeing the files for the animatronics, he clicks on it. Brizzy begins to scream and choke as Bonnie picks her up by her neck. Think clicks a few times, when Bonnie stops in midair, Brizzy above his head, grasping his huge hand. The rest of the animatronics stop, then all go dark and like...die. Bonnie drops Brizzy and she lands on her knees, gasping and massaging her neck. I look up at the console to see that Think turned them off of the free roam setting. Okay, two antagonists down, one to go. Granny shuffles towards us, bat in hand and a horrifying smile on her face.

Think punched the keys again, scanning the computer for Granny's files. Once he finally did find the file, Granny was just behind him. Mike jumped in between them, grabbing her bat. Granny tried to snatch it from him, swinging it this way and that, yanking him off of his feet and swinging him around the room.

Think clicked file after file, searching for a way to delete Granny. Mike screamed. Granny threw him off of her, and he landed on his back, banging his head. He sat up a bit on his elbows, rubbing his head and wincing in pain. She turned back towards Think. This time, both Brizzy and Wengie ganged up on her, attempting to grab the bat. I helped Think search, until we finally found Granny's file.

I pounded the delete button, and Granny stopped. Wengie and Brizzy fell, and Granny was screaming as she exploded. Then, it was silent. I looked around, breathing hard as Think exited out of the many files. Wengie and Brizzy were on the floor, getting up and moaning from their fall. Mike was still rubbing his head. Think was breathing as hard as I was.

"Guys." He managed to croak. "look at this."

We joined his side and saw that there were seven names in one of the files labeled heroes.

There was Scrubpai, Playtime, Slender Man, Bellatrix LeStrange, Security Guard, Dark Alex, and Human Starlight.

Confused, we looked at Think. He double clicked on the Playtime file, and a sort of glitching came towards me and filled my eyes. Once it was gone, I looked down to see myself wearing a red dress and blue leggings, with brown shoes on and a jumprope with brown handles in hand. My hair was shorter, curled, and some of it was black.

We could use this to our advantage. To trick the antagonists and get back to that room, as well as our medals. Think continued to double click. When he clicked on security guard and dark Alex, Alex and Cupquake just came out of nowhere beside us in their costumes. Once assuring them we were fine, we got on with the clicking.

Eventually, we all looked like the people we were turned into. I looked (and sounded) exactly like Playtime, Think looked like Slender Man, (that could be useful as Granny's granddaughter is Slendrina) Mike had the DDLC uniform on (so he looked like he was part of the game), Brizzy looked (and sounded because of her impression) like Bellatrix LeStrange, Cupquake was wearing the security guard's uniform, Alex looked exactly like her royale high character, but in real life, and Wengie looked like a human version of Starlight Glimmer from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (that could be useful because Starlight's a very powerful unicorn and the villains know not to mess with her... don't ask how I know that.)

With our true identities hidden, we exited out of the file.

And just like that, the doors to the elevator opened.

And this time, we all made it inside before going back up.