Chapter fourteen

We continued towards the road the only way we could think of: any direction away from where we were. We couldn't just say, "Hey, Siri. Tell me how to get to the nearest road." Even if we could do that, we wouldn't. Too much of a risk of burning battery out, and/or giving away our location. Who knows, the people at the base could be trying to track us through Google maps. Have you seriously never seen one of those shows where the main protagonists are trying to find something government-related? Can you look me in the eye and tell me that they wouldn't be tracking us? That's what I thought. We're not that stupid.

I have to admit, Alex and Wengie were being unusually quiet, but then again, we all were. I just had this uneasy feeling because while the rest of us were looking around for cameras and such, they were only looking at the ground. Every so often, they would look at their medals. 

Apparently, they had had another attack after we hung up and while we were trying to find them. It was a bit stranger than the last few we had, to be honest. Instead of a horror game antagonist or even an antagonist from any video game, it was a herd of changelings, like the ones you may see in My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, only in real life.

 Instead of a horror game antagonist or even an antagonist from any video game, it was a herd of changelings, like the ones you may see in My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, only in real life

Creepy, right? 

Anyways, Wengie, thinking fast, snatched the crown from Alex and put it on, using some sort of unicorn magic...? I don't know, but she used some sort of magic to fire at the changelings. Now, as she had only just used these powers for the first time, she wasn't too experienced, so as the dust from all of her magical explosions cleared, she had kind of set that part of the forest on fire. I'm honestly surprised that we didn't see all of those explosions upon coming to meet up with them, but I did remember seeing burn marks around the place when we met up with them, and I remember hearing screaming sounds. Could those sounds have been from the changelings exploding by unicorn magic?

When the dust did clear, Wengie found a small scale of a changeling, and picked it up. It glowed exactly with the crown, but for some reason, it wasn't glowing now. Oh well. We couldn't worry about that now.

Although, I have to say, I was having a bit of a hard time believing Wengie's story about how she got the changeling scale. For one, every time we earned a medal, the enemy we were against usually at least tried to fight back. Baldi? He slapped me with the ruler. Monika? She tried to hack into our minds and then tried to take the ruler from Mike and take him with her. Alex even said that Alissa and Dove had tried to force-feed Mike a love potion. The changelings, though...well, in Wengie's story it sounded like they just stood there and let her attack them. Plus, if she used the crown against the changelings, I don't think that it would have given her unicorn powers. I feel as though it may give her wings and make her look like a royale high character, but no, she would have to use the ruler or something. The crown wouldn't be able to give her powers. But hey, we've encountered Monika and Baldi, so pretty much anything could be possible.

If there was one great thing aside from us all being okay, it was the fact that I had my ruler back. We now had four weapons with us. Brizzy and Cupquake were the only two who didn't have any medals.

Just as I was thinking about this, a shot of green light came out of nowhere!!! We all jumped out of the way of where it had come, and where it landed, there was now a smoking hole. I knew that light, but I had only ever seen it in the movies. Avada Kedavra. The killing curse from Harry Potter. We all looked up. There was a figure on a broomstick in the sky. His skin was a pale white, black robes draped over his body and blowing in the wind. He-who-must-not-be-named. More commonly known as Lord Voldemort.