Chapter nineteen

As we fell, there seemed to be different lights all around us, flashing, adding dramatic effects to make us feel like we were in a movie or something? I don't know.

I landed on top of an old-school nameco video game console. I feel like I've been hit by a bus. Looking up, the huge square hole that we fell through only looks like a single star now. Looking around, I try to locate the others. Wengie and Mike landed next to each other, on some sort of beanbags...lucky ducks. Brizzy landed next to me, on the floor. Cupquake is getting up off of the floor. And Think is just standing there, looking at the floor in horror. I follow his gaze and see what he's so freaked out about. The floor tiles. He knows the floor tiles. Black and white checkered, and insanely dirty. Looking over, I see old animatronic parts and wires littering the floor. Tables with party supplies and colorful tablecloths surround the room. My eyes grow wide.

We then hear a small "ding". We look to the other side of the room to see a small elevator open. We sit there for a second. Then it's like a stampede. We all dash towards the elevator, towards possible safety. Alex and Cupquake are the first one's in, and then...

The doors just slam shut. Alex and Cupquake come back towards the doors and bang on them, screaming. We do the same. Then, the screaming and banging gets fainter. They're going up. We hear a few banging noises as well as rusty metals squeaking, combined with that terrible nursery rhyme music that comes on when those monsters walk. I don't know what anyone else is doing, but I dash towards one of the tables and flip it on its side, hiding behind it and hugging my knees to my chest.

I'm scared out of my mind. I thought that it would make all this stop, that it would go back to normal. But the music surrounding me tells me that we were nowhere near being finished. I pull my knees against my chest, trying to breathe as silently as I can and not freak out at the same time. Alex and Cupquake are on the other side of the room, out the door. The elevator took them, but left the rest of us behind. I can see Mike under a desk, trying not to freak out himself. I'm guessing he's thinking the same thing I am: how did we get here, and how are we supposed to survive? At least he has a greater chance at surviving than I do; I've never even SEEN anyone play this game; much less play it myself. I'm suddenly regretting not clicking on all of those YouTube notifications for this gameplay.

Looking around, I wonder where Brizzy and Wengie are...I haven't seen them since I hid. As if it couldn't get any worse, singing starts to accompany the music. "Every day...I imagine a future where I can be with you..." Shut up, Monika.

Think and Mike look terrified, but then, they notice that I'm still in the room, and they look about ten times more afraid. I don't know how it came to this; we were doing so well...

But then it all changed. Someone's controlling us like pieces on a game board...no pun intended. The old metal of the animatronics as well as Monika's stupid singing send chills down my spine. But then...oh joyous day, it gets worse.

"Where are youuuu...?" Just great. As if two horror game antagonists weren't enough, now Granny's caught up with us, too. I hear two voices screaming our names somewhere. Alex and Cupquake. They're trying to get to us.

No one dares to move. Any movement could give away our location. Any sound could give away our location. I feel like I'm in the longest staring contest of my life; I don't dare blink; I need to be aware of my surroundings, and it could be the last move I ever make.

I hear a sort of growling noise behind me... there's about to be a jump scare. I'm about to have a game over. I have no idea what I'm supposed to do. The animatronic next to me doesn't know I'm here...not yet. The smell is unbearable, some sort of strange liquid dripping from the fur. A bib hangs around the neck, feathers more brown than yellow surround a majority of the mechanical endoskeleton, every few spots of her showing the metal underneath. Chica.

Think is staring at me, a look of fear like I've never seen anyone else have is on his face. But Mike isn't paying attention to me, anymore. His eyes are on someone behind the table that I'm hiding behind. I can tell by the close singing that even if I do avoid death by Chica's jumpscare, I may not live much longer if Monika wants to delete all threats towards her getting with Think and/or Mike.

There doesn't seem like any hope for me. It's Chica's jumpscare and then game over. No going back. This isn't a game...this is real.

I don't want to go. I want to help the others stop this. But it doesn't look like there's any way that I can get away without one of the three antagonists noticing me.

It's all over....we have lost....

And the horror antagonists have won.