Chapter fifteen

We were all frozen in place. He brought his arm up again, and we knew the words that would escape his lips.

"Avada Kedavra!!!!" This time, we all scattered. Think and I hid behind the same tree.

"Why is he aiming at us?!!!" He exclaimed. "Last I checked, my name's not Harry Potter!!!"

"Why has anyone tried to attack us?!" I yell back, to which Think replies,

"Fair enough." We look around both sides of the tree, only to see Brizzy running and grabbing something off of the ground. It was...a broomstick. She couldn't be serious, could she? She should at least grab another weapon first instead of going up there unarmed. She kicks off and instantly flies up into the air. She's obviously struggling. I don't think she's used to riding a real broom...that looks like a nimbus two thousand and one, too...that doesn't really help...

I notice two other brooms in a pile of leaves and motion to Think. He nods, and we both grab the broomsticks. The handle of mine says nimbus one thousand. Not as fast as Brizzy's, but at least easier to control. Think was lucky enough to get a firebolt...oh boy...

We both kick off and instantly I almost lose my balance. By now I'm higher than most of the trees, and it doesn't help that the handle is pretty smooth. I grip it for dear life, and lean forward a bit. The broom lurches forward. I pull on the handle abruptly. It stops. Okay...I need to help Brizzy and stay on the broom at the same time. Baldi's ruler in my hand isn't exactly making anything better...

Brizzy is already heading towards Voldemort, who's firing killing curse after killing curse at her. She pulls a wand out of her jacket pocket out of nowhere, obviously from The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. What scares me, though, is what happens next.

She thrusts her wand at Voldemort, exclaiming, "Sectumsempra!!!" Sure enough, a red light shoots out of her wand...and Voldemort dodges. Brizzy just looks at her wand in amazement, I don't think she thought it would actually work.

Unfortunately, while her attention is to her wand, Voldemort lifts his arm again to blast. I fly swiftly towards him, ruler at the ready. But when I swing it, it just barely misses him. I was shocked; it was almost as if the ruler had just...gone through him.

He turned around, fire in his eyes. I knew what was coming, but I wasn't fast enough to get out of the way before his arm went up in the air.

I thought he was going to use Avada Kedavra, but maybe the Slytherin logo on my jacket made him a bit more sympathetic.

"Sectumsempra!!!" He exclaimed. A direct hit. Red liquid ran down my arms and onto the handle. I loosened my grip and slid off...not willingly, I was fading in and out of consciousness. I heard Think and Brizzy yelling. I wondered why I couldn't hear Alex and Wengie.

I felt a sharp pain as I hit Think's broom and he caught me. I heard him begin to mutter, "Vulnera sanentur." Repeatedly, until I finally felt at least decent and began to sit up. Think tried to joke about it. "Gee, Brizzy was right when she said that these people certainly like to hurt you." He handed me the ruler, and brought the broom up higher to try and help Brizzy.

It seemed as though she was getting more tired every time she had to dodge. She was sweating, swerving this way and that, until it all seemed to go in slow motion.

She raised her hand, and flicked her wrist. Two words escaped her mouth.

"Avada Kedavra!!!" She yelled, and the green light went straight for Voldemort. However, he fired his own killing curse. Brizzy seemed to be losing...until Think and I flew up next to her. A new sort of power filled her, as she thrust her arm forward harder...and both spells hit Voldemort and knocked him off of his broom.

Think and I watched as he fell and then just... vanished. Only his wand continued to fall. Brizzy flew swiftly and caught the wand before it hit the ground. When she landed beside us, her knuckles were white and her face was pale. Looking at the wand in her hand, she mumbled,

"I never want to do that again."

We nodded. Wengie and Alex honestly looked bored, as if Voldemort coming out of nowhere was the most normal thing in the world.

Think laughed, then looked at me. "Looks like you may need to get used to being knocked out and falling. These antagonists are getting creative with ways to hurt you."

"Shut up." I say, but I'm smiling. He was right. I was getting hurt and knocked out more than anyone here. I then decided to get all smart. "Well, at least I'm not the one who got caught by Granny first." I say, motioning to Brizzy, who laughed.

"Technically speaking, yes you were. She found and knocked you out in the tree before we were even in the house." She said matter-of-factly.

I shrug. "What can I say? Everyone wants me." The YouTubers roll their eyes, and we continue on through the woods.

Little did we know, this was no laughing matter. A camera was secretly hidden on each of the brooms.

They saw the whole thing.