Chapter six

We were able to avoid monsters for the night, to our surprise. We did stop to sleep in a small clear area. This time, there was no fire, and we each got our own tree since this area had at least ten trees all next to each other. I don't think that any of us really got any sleep, though. Not with what we had encountered hours before. Two horror antagonists in one night...what could be next?

I myself must have fallen asleep, because the next thing I knew, Alex was shaking me awake. It was 8:00, and we needed to get back to tracking down that secret base. We relied on only a compass on a few of our phones; we supposed that with the technology and metal in the lab, a compass would do the job of leading us to it, we just needed to continue to go north.

It was so silent that you could hear the crickets. None of us had anything to say, especially after I had almost died. I wondered if Granny could somehow find us? And if so, could we escape again? I mean, I had Baldi's ruler, but she has a bat with nails. I feel like I would be at a slight disadvantage.

As we traveled deeper into the forest, I couldn't help but wonder what we would do once we did find the base. Did we even have a plan once we got to the base? Did we have a plan on how to rescue the people and pets, or were we just making it up as we went along?

I felt that I shouldn't ask. Mike seemed to be focused on following the compass, and the rest of us just decided to keep quiet.

I began to think about the next antagonist we may encounter. I thought about every horror game I could think of, even the ones that could have the possibility of being a horror game.

Who could we encounter next? Ayano Aishi? Freddy Fazbear? The neighbor from Hello Neighbor? Asriel from Undertale? Mrs. Applegate from Kindergarten? Honestly, that last choice sounded better than the other antagonists. I couldn't think of who else it could be. Fran Bow? Monika? I don't think any of us knew.

None of us were prepared. None of us were confident. We noted several cameras on trees and bushes and such as we ventured deeper into the woods. The forest grew wider. The compass began to become confused. It began to spin. We didn't know which way was North anymore. We sat down. Frustrated. Lost. Afraid.

It was dark. We couldn't see anything. It was cold. There was no fire. We knew that we possibly risked the chance of freezing to death, but we were almost afraid to relight it. If we couldn't let it go out... someone would need to stay up all night and guard the others. And we didn't want to cause someone to lose energy and cause them to be more tired the next day.

We finally made the decision to light a fire and sleep in trees again. If Baldi were to come back, the ruler would be stationed next to where I was sleeping, so I could give him a good lesson and chase him off.

We sat around the fire, feeling it's warmth and roasting hot dogs and marshmallows. It was still really quiet, though. I decided to try to break the silence.

"So," I started. Everyone stared at me. "Do you guys know any good stories or something?"

"I have one, I guess." Brizzy admitted. We all turned to her. She took a flashlight from the things we did manage to grab as we were running away, and turned it on, putting it under her chin to cast an eerie glow on her expression.

"Once," she began, speaking in a voice similar to her Zecora impression. "There were four children." She started. "They ran into the woods together to find one of the children's dog, who had run into the woods. What they didn't know was that the woods were infested with monsters."

"Ah, so boring, Brizzy!!!" Mike groaned. "What's gonna happen, someone's gonna get kidnapped and then they're gonna live happily ever after?" Brizzy glared at him.

"Shush." He sat back down and looked at her, bored.

The story continued with the kids becoming acquainted with the monsters, and journeying deeper into the forest to find a wishing pool to free monsters from the abyss of darkness and fear that they lived in. It honestly reminded me of a mix of the adventure we were on now and Undertale, or something.

Despite what Mike had said prior to Brizzy's story, it was actually pretty good. Even he was on the edge of his seat when the story got intense.

At the highest climax in the story, Brizzy's voices got more intensifying. "Nathan yelled and wrestled against the guards who were dragging him away, to try to save his sister." When all of a sudden, she just fell backwards from where she had been sitting, dropping the flashlight, and began to gag and cough, putting her hands to her neck.

"Very funny, Brizzy. Stop being over dramatic and finish the story." Mike said. But Brizzy wouldn't stop.

"You guys," Alex started. "I don't think she's faking it." Brizzy's coughing began to get more intense. She couldn't breathe!!! Everyone began to panic. Think began to rummage around in our things, while Cupquake got down onto her knees and tried to calm Brizzy down. Not long after Think did manage to get the water, Cupquake just collapsed beside Brizzy, holding her neck and gasping exactly as Brizzy had. The fire went out. Everyone was screaming. I didn't know what I was supposed to do. I ran over to help Mike and Think with getting the water into cups, and shoving it into Brizzy's and Cupquake's mouths. Their coughing began to cease. We sat down next to them as they heaved breaths of fresh air.

"What was that???" Think asked. "What happened?"

"And why did it only happen to Brizzy and Cupquake?" I added. We all began to think about this. What did Brizzy and Cupquake have in common that the rest of us didn't? They were both girls? No, there were three other girls here, counting myself. They were both gamers? Nuh-uh, Brizzy was an impressionist. Think suddenly just stood there. "Have you got something?" I asked. He nodded.

"Well?" He was still just standing there, staring at Brizzy and Cupquake, when he seemed to come to his senses and speak.

"Call me crazy," He said. "But the one thing I can think of that Brizzy and Cupquake have in common that the rest of us don't is where they were sitting around the campfire. Brizzy was sitting by Mike, Cupquake was sitting by me." We all looked at each other. He was right. But what could sitting by the boys have anything to do with this?

Mike's eyes suddenly grew wide. "Guys, you don't think..." He gulped. "That this could be Monika, do you?" I thought about that. It could be possible; that would explain why they suddenly were choking. Monika could have somehow hacked her way into making them do that.

"But, why would she want to mess with Brizzy and Cupquake and not the rest of us?" I ask. "If she wanted to get to you or Think, then why didn't she do anything to me, Alex, or Wengie?"

Mike opened his mouth to say something, but then a sort of singing filled my ears. I could tell everyone else heard it, too.

"Every day, I imagine a future where I can be with you..."

We were in trouble.