Chapter five

It was cold, and dark. And I was scared. But then, the memories of what had just happened began to come flooding back to me. I tried to reach out somewhere to get off of the ground, but I couldn't feel my own arm. I couldn't feel anything.

Great. I thought. I've become Yandere-chan. But then, I heard someone saying my name. It was faint, and hard to understand, but it was my name. I wasn't dead.

Little by little, I began to feel things again. I couldn't move, but I was slowly but surely more aware of my surroundings. I felt something touching my right wrist. My lungs felt contracted, trying to gasp for air but they seemed to be stuck. Something was pushing hard against my chest. With every push, it became slightly easier to breathe. With one final shove against my chest, I sat up with a jolt, heaving breaths of air into my lungs. As I began to calm down, I looked around me. Brizzy was on my right, holding my wrist. Cupquake had been giving me CPR, and it worked. I felt like I had been hit by a bus. Cupquake said that what Baldi did wouldn't have any really bad lasting damage, but they put bandages on the wound just to be safe.

Think said that after I was hit by Baldi, Brizzy ran towards me, and he and Mike ran towards the fire. I know that they weren't being unsympathetic, though. They made the fire big enough to keep Baldi from hurting anyone else. Afterwards, they all ran to me. I wasn't breathing, so after they fixed the wound a bit, Cupquake began to give me CPR.

I began to stand up. My head began to swim. I gave myself a minute so that the campsite would stop spinning. When I could walk, I went towards something that caught my eye. It was yellow, about a foot long. At least, that's what it said. I picked it up, my stomach instantly feeling better. Baldi's ruler. I turned back to the others. They were all staring at me.

"I've always wanted to see Baldi's ruler in real life, but...after that encounter, I'm gonna let you keep it." Mike said. He almost looked scared. It was silent for about two minutes, when I spoke up.

"I thought you said that it was supernatural beings, not Horror game antagonists!!!"

Wengie shrugged. "The only horror game antagonists we'd seen before Baldi was when Cupquake saw Bonnie in the vision. We thought that all the monsters were supernatural. How were we supposed to know that that included horror game antagonists?"

"Guys..." Mike was looking at a tree, but none of us were really paying attention.

"Well, how are we supposed to survive out here with horror game antagonists on the loose looking for us? Not to mention the supernatural beings as well." Cupquake asked.

"Guys...?"

"I never said that you should have known," I said. "But it would have been nice if we had maybe expected there to be a few if Bonnie was in the vis-"

"Guys!!!"

"What?!!!" Cupquake, Wengie, and I said at the exact same time. We looked at where Mike was pointing. There was some sort of wooden thing sticking out of the tree, numerous nails lining it. This was no part of the tree. A voice soon verified what exactly we were staring at.

"I seeeeee youuuuuuuu....." We were frozen in place. This wasn't a two-dimensional Slappy slap slap...this was a three-dimensional killing machine that hears everything. Granted, a slow three-dimensional killing machine that hears everything, but still...

I looked at Think. Think looked at Alex. Alex looked at Brizzy. Brizzy looked at Mike. Mike looked at Cupquake. Cupquake looked at Wengie. Wengie was still looking at the tree from where the sound had come. None of us knew what to do. If we ran, she would hear us and track us down. If we stayed here, it wouldn't take long for her to find us. There seemed like no hope; like either choice was wrong. I knew we had to make a choice. A choice to survive. A choice to save the world. And I made that choice.

I ran. As fast as I could. I could hear the others behind me. They were following me. I hoped we could outrun Granny. Although I couldn't see how that would be a problem. Granny's slow as heck, and we aren't in an enclosed space, like the player is in the game.

We should be able to lose her, but we didn't know what exactly awaited us in this forest. We were taking a big risk. But it was too late to turn back now. We ran as far away as we could, as fast as we could go. It seemed like we were running forever. Over the river and through the woods away from Grandmother we go...yeah, I can't be optimistic about this one. After what felt like running at least a mile, I stopped, causing everyone else to stop. We were gasping for air, sweat dripping off of our faces. All our supplies. All our progress. We left it at the campsite. All we had now were the clothes we had on, a few elastics in the girls' hair, and our cell phones.

Our lungs burned. Our legs ached. We had nothing. No food. No water. No shelter. No internet...but we had each other. And we had survived. we had lost Granny. It was still dark outside. My fitbit said that it was 4:38 in the morning. That was a pretty early time to be up at. We had no idea what we were supposed to do.

I remembered Baldi's ruler. I knew I hadn't dropped it. I looked down. It was still in my hand. A weapon. This could be useful for fighting off monsters and other villains. Then again, they may be able to track us if we have this. Yet it's a risk I'm willing to take.

This ruler may be the difference between failure to win the games or success. The difference between life or death out here. The difference between saving the world and the end of humanity as we know it.

We continued, unaware of what awaited. But we were ready.