Chapter 41

Guys look I drew Riptide

Warnings: Blood/Gore

     ~3rd P.O.V.~

     Unlike Plague and Endi, Riptide wastes no time in signalling his red-eyed minions to attack. Before the dust settles in the entrance, lasers are firing, tridents are spinning, and the room erupts into chaos.

      As the first barrage of tridents arc towards them, the drowned reload, arms drawing back to throw a second wave of tridents. Rob suspends the tridents mid-flight, and with a wave of his hand he sends them whirling back to counter the second wave of tridents. The lasers, fired with pinpoint accuracy, all hit their marks. Rob, Jerome, Mitch, Vikk, and Lachlan are all stung painfully with several lasers, being thrown against the wall. Thankfully, their diamond armor absorbs most of the damage.

      With a beat of his wings Mitch jets forward, a sword in each hand as he barrel rolls through line of drowned. His swords find the gaps between the drowns armor with ease, slicing through undead flesh and sending up clouds of murky blood. Rob weaves End magic between his fingers, sending out a wave of black mist that drifts into the eyes of the guardians and blinds them. They all thrash about in a panic, shooting lasers this way and that. Rob, deciding to take a defensive position, shelters himself behind a dark prismarine pillar. Confident in his friends abilities to slay the underwater mobs, he tasks himself with popping up a brief protective barrier whenever a laser shoots towards one of his friends, attempting to save energy.

      Lachlan swims towards Riptide, determined to kill the hybrid himself in an effort to right his wrongs. Riptide calmly floats in front of his throne, eyes narrowed and tail swishing as he waits for Lachlan to approach. Riptide is at least twice the size of the tall prince, and much more muscular. To Riptide, Lachlan is no more than an annoying bug, meant to be squashed. Lachlan bends around a trident, reaching his arm back as he swims stretching it out to grab the discarded weapon. Thirty blocks away Lachlan tries a cheap move, extending his hand forward at the speed of light and trying to snatch the key from Riptides chest. Riptide, although surprised at first, reacts with lightning speed and grabs Lachlan's wrist with an iron grip. He yanks Lachlan's arm with the force of a horse, sending Lachlan tumbling towards himself. By the time Lachlan has righted himself, a massive trident is being thrust at his face.

      Lachlan just barely manages to raise his significantly tinier trident in time to block the thrust, and his trident is smashed to pieces. Plan B involves Lachlan stretching his neck several blocks back, out of the range of the trident, and when Riptide brings it back to his side Lachlan snaps forward, leg flying towards Riptides face. Riptide swiftly turns around in response, and Lachlan's leg smashes into Riptides spiked back, the navy blue spikes easily piercing through Lachlan's leggings. As they impale his leg, Lachlan screams in pain, his voice watery as he jerks his leg away, streams of blood following. Riptide goes to charge Lachlan but a random laser slams into Riptides side, scorching his ribs. The giant hybrid glares at the blinded guardian, slamming his tail into its body and sending it crashing through the roof.