Chapter 24

*has been very stressed lately*
*attempts and partially succeeds in reducing some areas of stress*
*realizes is late uploading*

...

SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

RUSH MODE ACTIVATED 😖

Warnings: None

     ~3rd P.O.V.~

A bolt of magic shoots from Seto's hand, headed straight in Mitch's direction.

"Look out!"

Pete steps forward, shoving Mitch out of the way just in time. As Mitch falls roughly to the ground, the projectile crashes full force into the wall, creating a huge crater.

"What's going on!?" Brice calls worriedly, skidding into the room, with a gleaming potion and an enchanted Apple gripped in his hands. "Is everything okay?"
Mitch coughs, braced on his hands and knees. "Somethings wrong with Seto."

As if on cue, a painful scream tears from Seto's throat. Everyone steps back in shock, watching as his white eyes flash back to their hazel colour for a moment, then go back to white. Then back to hazel. Back to white. He tugs at his hair in agony, and magic once again twists around his fingertips.

"H-help..." He croaks, his hand seeming to be forced to stretch out. "Can't.... Control.."
"Everyone get outside!" Jerome commands, pointing hastily at the door.

Not daring to question him, everyone scrambles to push past Seto, and get outside. Brice pulls Mitch to his feet as he passes, shoving the two healing items into his hands. And a split second after they're gone, another shot of magic bursts from Seto's palms, blasting a hole in the ground. Seto's eyes turn completely white once again, and he growls, spinning and following them.

Outside, ominous grey clouds blot out the sun, casting dark shadows on the swamp. Mitch downs the potion and chomps down on the apple hastily, eager to finally be healed. Almost instantly he can feel his broken bones mending, and the burns on his face and body receding. Not that it'll help much at this point anyway. Seto's clearly trying to kill them, and they can't really retaliate in fear of injuring him, but they can't run at the same time. So for the moment, the given options are pretty glum. Even still, Brice, Pete, and Matt all draw iron swords for at least some sort of protection. Brice tosses an extra bow to Mitch, and Jerome raises his fists in a defensive position. They don't have anything for Jerome, but with super strength on his side, he can do without. As Seto stalks outside, the four clump together uneasily, faces set into grim frowns. Mitch also flaps his wings experimentally, adjusting to the feeling should he need to use them.

"What's gotten into him?!" Matt exclaims. "He's never acted like this before."
Jerome's eyes narrow. "Something must've happened to him when he went out to study those mobs. Maybe someone like... Mind controlled him or something like that."
Pete nods. "It sure seems like it."
"I don't know." Brice states, glancing doubtfully in Seto's direction. "It'd take a lot to actually sneak up on him, let alone mind control him. So how could anyone do it?"
"It was quite simple, really."

       At the sound of the new voice, sounding none to friendly, the group spins around, raising their weapons. Standing behind them in the middle of a bride, seeming to have appeared in thin air, is some sort of hybrid. He looks human, with a turquoise tunic and navy jeans, but half of him is dark and black, and half his face looks like an enderman. While one eye is a soft brown, the other is a glaring purple. Around his neck is a thin golden chain, with a diamond key on the end. In the centre of the key is a black diamond. But aside from that, there's something even more unsettling... Something that Jerome picks up almost instantly. He gasps, poking Mitch's forearm.

       "Mitch, look! He doesn't have a gem..."
        Mitch's eyes widen, and trail down to the hybrids hand. Which, as Jerome mentioned, doesn't have a gem. "Could he be a key holder?"

        Brice, intrigued by the news, goes to question Mitch and Jerome. But before he can, Pete steps forward, black eyes narrowed angrily.

      "Who are you?! What have you done to Seto?!"
       The hybrid chuckles darkly, fiddling with the key around his neck. "My name is Endi; one of the four KeyHolders guarding the way to the Master's domain, the commander of Seto, and your worst nightmare."
        "What did to do to Seto!?" Matt repeats firmly, pointing to where Seto is standing motionless-his face expressionless and his eyes a dull white.
         "Oh, nothing much..." Endi sighs, adopting a bored look. "Just a little something something to get him under my control, on behalf of Herobrine. You know, as powerful as your little friend may be, he's simply too kind. All I had to do what pretend to be hurt, get his guard down, and voila! You're doomed."

        With that he lets out a maniacal laugh, his eye flashing brightly. Mitch, Jerome, Brice, Matt, and Pete all back away slightly, weapons raised. The same general mixed feelings are running through their brains as Endi grins. None of them want to hurt Seto, but running or trying to surrender will surely result in a very bad ending. So what are we supposed to do? Brice finds himself pondering, hand clenching and relaxing over his sword uncertainty. As if he read their minds, Endi chuckles.

       "You'd better figure out what you're gonna do pretty fast..." He drawls, "Seto... Kill them."

Before Endi even finishes his sentence, Seto is whirling towards the clustered group, and a barrage of ice spikes are whizzing towards them. There's no escape. They're spread to wide. Moving to fast. Mitch attempts to launch himself into the air, but there's no way he'll make it out in time. And then, as a last resort, Jerome tries something he doesn't fully trust to work. But it's more of instinct, really.

He roars.

He bellows a roar stronger and louder than anything he's ever yelled before. In fact, it's so loud that as the waves of sound travel, the air around them twists and distorts. Apparently, Jerome's power of super strength even applies to his voice, gifting him with a sonic roar. The high vibrations of sound meet the shards of ice halfway, shattering them. As small particles of ice drop to the ground, harmless, Endi frowns.

Maybe this is going to be a closer call than he thought.

~~~

Question of the chapter:

WHOS READY FOR THE FIGHT :3?

Also here's kinda what I imagine Endi to look like, and it's not exact, but it'll do till I can make my own fan art XD