zayn tidies up as they finish. he notices from the kitchen window that their bus was outside.

"the bus is here," he says, grabbing two bags from the counter. "here's your lunch."

he still makes lunch for them and he loves it. he misses making it for jordan and lucas too but both his sons have deemed it as uncool. he knows that soon noah and oliver would get at that stage and it makes him sad. he misses his boys always depending on him.

"thanks mom," noah says, as they both take their bags and leave.

"love you!" he calls after them. "i don't hear it back!"

"love you mom!" they say in unison, opening the front door and leaving.

now it's just zayn left in the big empty house.

...

lucas sits at lunch with three of his closest friends. marcel, justin and lizzie. they're currently rating the hottest juniors.

"your brother is, definitely," lizzie says confidently. "i mean look at him. he's beautiful."

"ew, keep my brother out of this," lucas cringes. they all turn to look at where jordan is sitting. he's at a table with some random people, he knows some of them are seniors and some of them are in jordan's grade but none of them are freshman.

"he's so hot," marcel says, watching his friends brother converse with his friends. "and his friends too. you're so lucky lucas."

"how?" lucas rolls his eyes.

"because your brothers got all this sexy friends, you could just seduce one of them," marcel shrugs like he's came up with the best idea ever.

"why would i want to do that?" lucas asks.

"don't listen to what these dumbasses are saying," justin speaks up. "your brothers cute but he's got nothing on you."

lucas flushes. "don't lie to me to make me feel better justin. i already know i'm not as cute as him."

"i'm not. you shouldn't compare yourself to him," justin says.

"look at that tattooed guy over there,"marcel points out. "he's new and he's definitely the hottest senior ever."

lucas turns and sees a guy with tattoos walking with his tray of food, probably looking for a place to seat. he's new, lucas can tell because he would know if he's seen a face like that before.

the boy simply put, is sexy.

he's got tattoos and piercings but he's got this bad boy aura that's making lucas's knees go weak.

as he looks for a seat, lucas could swore he saw him look at him, for some seconds but his eyes look away.

"holy shit he looked at this direction," lizzie says. "guys, what if he likes me?"

"bitch he looked at lucas gay ass not you," marcel says.

lizzie pouts at him.

"why would he look at me? you're imagining things marcy," lucas dismisses.

they watch as the new guy sits next to jordan and his friends and they have a conversation like they've known each other for a long time.