The Best Thing

AU where Lin is no longer in the role of Hamilton, but Pippa is still in the show.

Pippa sighed, lowering her head after she set down her toothbrush. She closed her eyes and took a few deep breaths until the wave of dizziness and nausea passed over her. This seemed to have been a nightly occurrence since the fight; sobbing so violently that she made herself sick.

Pippa slowly lifted her head, and she started out of the bathroom. Pippa made her way back to her bed, not bothering to turn on the lamp. At this point, she had the whole bed to herself, heck, she had had the whole bed to herself for the better part of two and a half weeks. That's when he left. Pippa didn't know who he was staying with, nor did she care. A few tears slipped from her eyes once again and soaked into her pillow below her. She kept her eyes open, not daring to shut them, in fear of nightmares and/or a mental replay of their fight. Pippa just blankly stared at her glass of water; her water that was tinged bright orange due to Kail's request of adding some Emergen-C to her water, so she could try to not get the plauge. Mostly because knowing Pippa, stress made her insanely susceptible to getting insanely sick.

~~~~~

Much to her dismay, Pippa did end up falling asleep. She suffered through another nightmare alone, but that had just become routine over the weeks. Out of pure necessity, her body forced her back to sleep, even after waking up all shaken from her bad dream.

Pippa woke once more, suddenly, when she felt a pair of arms wrap around her waist; a sleeping habit that felt too comfortable. She slowly opened her still exhausted eyes and flinched when whoever was there kissed the top of her head. Pippa jumped, kicking herself free of the person's hold on her and she spun right around, ready to break a few of their bones if needed. Pippa turned around and instantly saw Lin. Her breath hitched in her chest as she lowered her already clenched fist. "When did you get back?" Pippa asked in a tone that wasn't all that happy.

"When I heard Kail sent you home." It was true, their director had basically picked Pippa up and thrown her out of the theater, because she would not leave, no matter how dizzy or shaky she got.

"And?" Pippa asked, crossing her arms over her chest.

"And Kail said you've been really sick lately." Lin was now standing up on the opposite side of the bed.

"Depends how you look at it." She clicked her tounge. "Where've you been staying?"

"Does it matter, if I'm back now?"

Pippa thought for a moment. "Have they been watching you? I mean, have you been eating?"

"Enough." Lin stated.

"Your definition of "enough" and mine are two very different things. Let's get you something to eat." Pippa still kept up her monotone voice as she started out her bedroom door.

Lin stopped her by grabbing her arm. "I thought you hated me."

"Says the person who said he didn't freaking care about me." Pippa sassed. "And no, I won't repeat what your dirty mouth said." Lin rolled his eyes slightly.

He followed her to the apartment kitchen he'd come to have missed with the past two weeks he'd been staying with Groff. He stared for a moment at the plate Pippa sat before him only moments later. "I don't understand why you're doing this."

"I never said I wanted you dead, did I? Now, eat. You need it." Pippa pointed at the plate. Lin followed Pippa with his eyes as she left the kitchen for a moment. He exhaled slowly as he started eating what food she'd put in front of him. Pippa returned almost seconds later with the glass of water. She sat across from Lin and scrolled through her phone, answering texts she missed while she slept. They didn't dare make eye contact.

"Y'know, everyone's worried about you." Lin added, once the air became a little too tense.

"Who is?" Pippa asked, not looking up.

"Groff and Kail really are. Kail said that Jasmine said you had a panic attack before a show last week. You never do that, Pip." Lin told her.

"So?" Pippa glanced up for a brief moment. "They're always worried about me in some way, shape, or form." She forced a chuckle.

"I'm worried about you, Pip." Lin spoke clearly, and in that moment, Pippa's phone hit the table, and she looked straight up.

"You're kidding?"

"No, I'm not."

"Why are you so worried about me if four days ago, you said you didn't care about me? And why are you back here anyways? You're acting like I want to see you." Pippa snapped. She was fed up with this. She stood up and started out the kitchen.

"I'm worried about you, because you are the single best thing that has ever happened to me!" Lin basically shouted, making Pippa freeze.

~~~~~

It's been a rough day for me today. Sorry if this is no good. I don't even know if I've posted it before...I found it in my Google Docs.

Anyway, I have the picture above because I found that in the book I'm reading, and it is honestly partially, exactly how I'm feeling right now.