Fell Out Of Love

It was the worst fight she'd ever found herself in with Steven. The wedding was in a little over three months, and maybe it was the stress of that, but they just kept fighting. They'd fight over petty things most of the time, but this time wasn't all that petty. Pippa never took her wedding ring off, unless she was performing, but this fight right before rehearsals ended with her ring hitting the kitchen counter on her way out.

It'd only take a glance to see that Pippa was angry. Even by the way she walked down the street. Almost like she'd snap if anyone or anything got in her way. Pippa made her way to the studios, and once she walked in, she did feel a sense of calmness. This was home. Doing this show she loves, with all of these people that she loves.

Today was the first rehearsal ever with the turntables; something both exciting and scary. "Pip, you have to see this!" Lin beamed, taking Pippa's hand and pulling her onto the turntable. "Now walk." Lin instructed. He held her hand as they walked against the motion of the table, and the group around them did see the diamond of this prop that Lin originally saw in a piece of coal. This was going to be so cool. "Do you like it?" Lin asked, still smiling like a kid on Christmas morning.

"I love it." Pippa kept her gaze on her feet.

"That didn't sound enthusiastic. What's wrong? What about it do you not like?" Pippa looked up at him, and his childlike happiness had now become complete and utter sadness.

"No, no, I love it, truly I do. It's just that it's been a bit of a rough morning." Pippa admitted. She was thankful that the few people in the room had started to leave on the account that Groff had a bunch of pastries brought in, and the table was in the hallway.

"I don't want to pressure you, but if you want or need to talk, I'm here, alright?" Lin nodded.

"Alright. Thank you." Pippa half smiled and they kept walking on the turntable. No lies, they found it pretty freaking fun.

~~~~~

"Wrap!" Tommy clapped his hands. "Nice job, guys!"

"Thanks." Pippa smiled. Lin and Pippa had just finished their private rehearsal, consisting of a little bit of every scene that was just them on stage. Tommy shuffled out seconds later to retrieve the cast to rehearse a larger scene, and Lin and Pippa sat down. "Remember during our first read through when you said that if we ever had any character questions, to talk to you."

"Mm-hmm." Lin took a sip from a bottle of water. He screwed the lid shut as he continued. "Got a character question?"

"Yeah, sort of." Pippa turned her gaze towards Lin.

"Shoot."

"Do you think that when Alexander slept with Maria, and then kept doing it...do you think he did it because he fell out of love with Eliza?"

Lin's face creased with confusion. "Well, I don't think that he necessarily fell out of love with Eliza. I think he just was really in a weird headspace at the moment. I didn't write "someone under stress" for nothing, y'know? Why do you even ask such a question?"

Pippa's eyes fell. "Well...I was wondering because...well, let's just say that Steven should've said 'no' to this."

~~~~~

Part 2?