Amnesia

A request by milomurphy2, I hope you enjoy it! I flipped the script a little bit, but I hope you still like it!

Set in the world of Double Major. This fits in right around where "First Day Back" is now.

I wish that I could wake up with amnesia
And forget about the stupid little things
Like the way it felt to fall asleep next to you
And the memories I never can escape
-5 Seconds of Summer

"Where am I?" Pippa squinted at the bright lights that flooded the hospital room.

"You're in the hospital, Pip." Lin whispered, rubbing the back of her hand.

"Why? What happened?"

Lin's heart broke. "Um...Caleb, he hit you, in the--in the theater, and you hit your head pretty hard on the wall." Lin sighed. He looked up when a doctor came in the room to check on Pippa.

"Sir, may I speak with you in the hall for a minute?" The doctor asked.

"Of course." Lin stood up and followed her out. "Is she going to be okay?"

"Yes, she is going to be okay. She did, though, hit her head hard enough to cause some temporary amnesia. Her memory will come back, just fine, she'll be back to normal eventually, but just be mindful of that, alright?"

Lin nodded. "When will her memory come all the way back?"

"Um...at a maximum, eight days. But if you just stay patient with her and talk her through everything that's happened and who' who, then that'll help."

"Alright, thank you." Lin nodded and went back into the room.

"Who are you?" Pippa asked as Lin walked back in.

"I'm Lin. You live with me, remember? We sleep in the same bed, and we watch Grey's together, and we drink coffee together, and we go to Julliard together, and--" Lin cut himself off abruptly when he realized that he what he was saying, and where he was going, was the opposite direction of being patient.

"No, I don't, I'm sorry." Pippa frowned. "But, how did I get here? I mean, after the fight."

Lin breathed a breath of relief. She was picking up on some things. "Anthony called me." Lin stated and pulled his phone from his back pocket. He scrolled through his gallery before landing on the picture he wanted to show her. It was a picture of the three of them, backstage at the Silver Brick. "This is Anthony, remember him?" Lin pointed to the kid pulling a silly face in the middle of the picture.

"I think so..." Pippa thought. "Hey, that's you!" She smiled and pointed to the picture. Lin smiled even brighter, things could be getting better. Lin nodded.

"Yep, you're right!"

~~~~~

Days passed, and Pippa and Lin were both excused from classes, and Pippa's memory of what happened was flooding back, slowly. Lin knew that she was truly better when he woke up one morning and saw Pippa making breakfast for the both of them. "Good morning." She called, setting the mugs and plates down on the small table in the dorm.

"Good morning!" Lin kissed her head. "Thank you for breakfast!"

"Of course." Pippa sat down, and the two shared breakfast, and started their own days, that day particularly ending with a classic binge of Grey's.

"Hey, Pip?" Lin asked in between episodes.

"What's up?"

"I love you." He smiled and kissed her lips.

"I love you too, Lin." Pippa replied after the kiss, and the largest smile broke out onto Lin's face all because she hadn't addressed him by his name since she woke up in the hospital.

~~~~~

A/N: Hey, milomurphy2! My Love, I hope you enjoyed this! Xx. ❤