Kabanata 62

Yshi's smile emerged upon reading the unexpected letter from Warly. Despite days of silence between them, his written words took her by surprise. Contemplating whether she should meet him, she pondered if now was the opportune moment for their meetup.

There comes a moment in life when you sense that it's the best and right time for everything. It's a subtle realization that whispers to you, urging you to embrace the opportunities and changes before you. When that time arrives, don't hesitate. Instead, welcome it with open arms and a heart ready for the possibilities it holds. Trust in the timing of your life, for it has a way of aligning perfectly with the journey you're meant to take.

"Excuse me, Madame," Yshi beckoned the librarian's attention as she approached her table.

"Yes?" The librarian responded politely, flashing a smile. "What can I do for you?"

"Did you notice a guy who came in po? Perhaps wearing a jersey or varsity jacket? He's a basketball player," Yshi asked.

"Oh..." The woman looked up, evidently trying to recall, her thoughts momentarily occupied. "Yes, there was. He seemed to be in a hurry."

Yshi pondered for a moment. Perhaps he was rushing because he was running late for their training. "Did you catch a glimpse of his face?"

"Sorry, Miss Ford, but I didn't get a good look since I was quite occupied earlier. I only saw his back. Is there anything wrong?"

"Nothing po. Apologies for the interruption," Yshi reassured her. The librarian simply nodded in response.

She exited the library, checking her wristwatch to find it was already noon. A vibration from her phone caught her attention, and upon checking, Yshi saw a message from Nicole urging her to join them for lunch in the cafeteria. Kumpleto na raw silang buong barkada roon. So, she followed Nicole's directive and headed to the cafeteria. Spotting their table, she found them assembled, all complete, although their table was still devoid of food. Yshi approached, witnessing Thania and Jayvee engaged in a heated exchange.

"Kapal ng mukha mo! Hindi ka magaling maglaro ng soccer ano! Papatalunin mo lang ang team niyo sa Intrams!" sabi ni Thania sa kanya.

"Really? Kaya pala grabe ka makapagcheer sa akin kanina. Hindi pala magaling, ah?" ngisi ni Jayvee sa kanya.

Numula naman si Thania. "Hindi ikaw ang chinicheer ko ano! Ang kapal ng mukha mo!"

"Then who if it wasn't me?"

"Si Cholo, si John Lloyd, at si Kalil syempre!"

Jayvee smirked even more and just stared at her while nodding.

"H'wag mo akong t-tinititigan!"

He chuckled. "Was it wrong?"

"Very wrong!"

"I just miss staring at your face, Thania Janine," sabi ni Jayvee sa kanya. Iyon ang para magtilian ang barkada sa kanila at numula naman si Thania nang todo.

"Well, well, well. Why don't you give attention to Ate Erazette, John Lloyd hmm?" Yshi interjected, sitting beside Kalil. "Maybe she's expecting you to talk to her too."

Napayuko naman si Erazette sa hiya nang magtilian at siya naman na ang tinukso ng buong barkada.

"Where did you go?" Kalil asked Yshi while the others are busy teasing Erazette.

"Library."

"I see. No wonder why you'd choose to stay there. Tahimik ano?"

"Yeah," Yshi nodded at him.