Kabanata 33

"I'll leave you for now," the secretary said. I heard the door open and then close, indicating that she had likely left the office.

The office fell into complete silence after Ate Dianne's secretary left. The only sound I could hear was the hum of the air conditioner. However, I was startled when a glass frame in front of me suddenly shattered, and I saw the knife used to break it. My expression turned serious as I heard Lovely's hysterical laughter behind me, as if she found her antics amusing. I shook my head, thinking she was acting incredibly foolish.

"Why don't you turn around and face me now? Aren't you excited that I made the effort to come here?" she asked while still laughing.

"I don't understand your intentions or why you're doing this. It seems meaningless, to be honest," I replied as I swiveled my chair to finally confront her.

"I only want one thing, Yshi. While I don't have it yet, I want to have some fun first," she said with a smirk.

Lovely is undeniably attractive. The first time you see her, her name perfectly matches her appearance. However, I suspect that even when she behaves this way, there might be an underlying issue. I want to understand the reason behind her actions. I can't comprehend why she acts this way or where her resentment and anger come from, directed at me and others, even when they haven't done anything wrong. Every person's behavior has its roots, and I want to find out. I want to suspend judgment, but it doesn't mean her actions are valid.

"I'm a member of the Judou Club, after all. Aren't you afraid of me?"

"I'm part of the Blacklily Club. Aren't you afraid of me too?" I replied.

"Do I need to fear a Blacklily member? I don't think so. As far as I know, your club is the one that's afraid of us," she claimed.

"Wrong. I'm not scared at all. I'm not intimidated either," I smirked. "What's your point?"

She grinned. "Just wanted to warn you to be cautious. You know me and the club I belong to. I don't act recklessly."

I nodded casually. Try me, Lovely. Just try me. If you can do worse, I can do even worse.

-

Kalil’s POV:

"Yes, Wenwen. We went on a date last night. Guess what?" I excitedly shared with her.

Wenwen and I were back at the field, sitting on the bench during our break time, just like before. Pinapunta ko kasi siya rito para lang ibalita ito.

"What?" she asked.

"I'm now courting her," I told her with a wide smile.

"I'm happy for you," she said, smiling a bit.

"Thanks."

Jayvee called me, signaling the start of our practice, so I bid farewell to Wenwen, who nodded in acknowledgment before I left. Kahit din naman siya ay napagpasyahang umalis na rin.

"You two seem close, huh?" Jayvee commented, referring to me and Wenwen.

"Yeah," I replied.

"Do you like her?" he asked.

"What? No," I said, and Jayvee just laughed at my response.

"You're just in denial. It's okay. It's normal. You're just starting anyway," John Lloyd chimed in, and I playfully hit him.

"What are you saying?" I asked with a laugh.

"You might not fully understand your feelings yet, and then suddenly you get jealous when someone approaches her," he continued, ignoring my question.