Kabanata 39

Love can be a complex and often deceptive emotion. It has a way of blurring our perception, making us oblivious to the little manipulations that may be at play. Sometimes, when you're deeply infatuated with someone, you don't realize that you're unwittingly falling into their intricate web of desires and intentions. You may be unknowingly contributing to their carefully laid out plans for your love life, as your heart and emotions become entwined with theirs. Love's enchanting veil can cloud our judgment, leaving us vulnerable to the complexities of human relationships, where intentions may not always align with our best interests. It's a reminder that while love can be beautiful and genuine, it can also be a labyrinth of hidden agendas and unspoken desires, making it a truly tricky and multifaceted experience.

"Dude, you really had Wenwen come just so you'd have someone to hang out with," Jayvee remarked to me when I hung up after calling Wenwen.

"Oo nga. Meron naman kaming tatlo rito, ah?" sabat naman ni John Lloyd.

"Oh!" I exclaimed while tossing my phone over to Cholo, who quickly caught it.

"Bakit ito?"

"Put it in my bag, next to you."

"Where exactly? In your bag or next to me?" he teased, and we all laughed.

"Nararamdaman kong gusto kitang tadyakan ngayon," pabiro kong sabi kay Cholo. He just laughed and placed the phone in my bag.

I stood up from our usual spot in the bleachers and picked up the soccer ball, starting to play with it while waiting for Wenwen to arrive. Ano ba ang gusto ko talagang pag-usapan naming dalawa? Ang tungkol ba sa amin ni Yshi o gusto ko lang siyang makita?

"Didn't you have plans to go out with Yshi today? Wala ba?" Jayvee suddenly asked, catching my attention.

"Oo nga, eh. I'm curious why you called Wenwen instead of Yshi," Cholo added.

"I have something I need to discuss with Wenwen today. Besides, Yshi might be occupied. I don't want to bother her," I explained. They simply nodded in response.

My thoughts then drifted to Yshi since I already mentioned her on our talk. What could she be up to right now? Did she head home after class? Has she had her lunch? Is she spending time with someone, or is she alone? Kapag ba siya ang inaya ko ngayon dito, pupunta ba siya sa akin? Will she stay longer to watch me train? I know she'll give me all the support I needed, I just want to ask that. Kasi bakit si Wenwen ang pinapunta ko kung pwede namang si Yshi na alam kong susuportahan naman ako sa mga ganitong bagay? Teka, dapat ba munang utusan ko ang nililigawan ko na puntahan ako at panoorin akong maglaro? Ako nga dapat ang gumagawa niyon sa kanya. Ako dapat ang pumupunta sa kanya, at hindi siya. Fair enough. Tama lang nga na si Wenwen ang papuntahin ko rito.

"Hi," Wenwen's voice caught our attention, and we greeted her in return. The three of them reciprocated her greeting and then headed towards the field, leaving us alone.

Wenwen is wearing her pastel pink oversized sweater hung delicately over her shoulders, and her white pleated mini-skirt gave a playful flair to her outfit. White knee-high socks adorned with delicate lace trim peeked out from her pink platform sneakers. Atop her head, she sported a matching pastel pink beret, adding an extra touch of sweetness. She's even carrying a cute, small pastel backpack that completes the look.

I smirked. She's sporting a simple soft girl vibe and I like it. She's totally different with Yshi. Bakit kaya sila naging magkaibigan? Kung kay Precious siya sobrang naging malapit, hindi ako magtataka.

"Kumain ka na ba?" tanong sa akin ni Wenwen.

Marahan naman akong umiling sa kanya. Pinapunta ko siya rito para magsabay na kami. Agad naman siyang tumawa sa akin at binigyan ako ng tango.