Kabanata 48

I'm caught in a perplexing situation, scratching my head over why I behaved the way I did. Was it the grip of jealousy tightening its hold, or did I simply don the armor of protectiveness? It's a head-scratcher, leaving me wondering if it's even within my rights to feel this way in the first place.

"You sit there," I said, gesturing towards the bench.

Tahimik naman akong sinunod ni Wenwen at naupo nga. We're now here at the FU Park because I want to speak with her alone.

"Why are you with him?"

"Bakit naman ang init ng ulo mo?" tanong niya ngunit hindi ko sinagot. "Magkasama kami kanina kasi nagkita kami."

"Nakipagkita ka?"

"Ano? Hindi. Nagkita lang kami sa hallway."

"What was your conversation about?"

"To tell you honestly, it was about you and Precious."

My brows met and tilted my head a bit. About me and Precious? What about us?

When I sought clarification from her, attempting to ask about Cholo's revelations, her uneasy expression spoke volumes. I looked at her, ready to pose the question, but her hesitancy was palpable.

"Why?" I pressed, eager for an explanation.

"Y-Yshi..." Her response trembled.

My concern deepened. "What about her?"

"We left her there."

That statement hit me like a sudden storm, and a sense of frustration and urgency surged within me. Damn it. I left my girl!

Not only that, confusion and nervousness enveloped me in that moment. I hadn't intended to leave Yshi alone in the cafeteria. Umalis lang siya sandali pero babalik din. The decision to bring Wenwen to FU Park for a conversation about this matter confused me further. Kanina kasi habang nag-uusap kami ni Precious, nahagip ng mga mata nito si Cholo at doon ko na nga nalaman na nag-uusap silang dalawa ni Wenwen nang sundan ko ng tingin. Without fully understanding why, I immediately stood up and approached them, prompting Precious to follow despite her evident confusion. That scenario earlier left me grappling with a mix of emotions, questioning the rationale behind my actions and the unintended outcomes they might carry. Kaya nang sunduin ko na si Yshi kanina, hindi ko alam kung papaano siya sisimulan na kausapin lalo na at sobra ring tahimik nito, hindi tulad ng dati.

Yshi and I find ourselves at the FAS playground. I brought her here, reminiscing about the joyful moments we shared in the past.

"It's nice being here, isn't it?" I asked, trying to open a conversation as I glanced at her while we both occupied swings.

"Yeah," she responded, gently swaying the swing.

Marahan akong tumango at nanatili ang tingin ko sa tahimik niyang presensya. Masaya ba siya ngayon na dinala ko siya rito? I just want us to look back. Hindi naman lahat ng nangyari sa amin noon ay malungkot, mas lamang ang saya at kagandahan.

"Finding it dull?" I questioned.

"No, it's good. I appreciate this quiet moment," she replied, closing her eyes.

I observed her intently. As her eyes shut, the beauty of her long eyelashes and the prominence of her delicate pink lips became more apparent. Her midnight black hair gracefully danced with the chilly wind, creating a serene atmosphere around us. In her presence, a sense of peace enveloped me.