Kabanata 37

As it was time to head home after an early rehearsal, I decided to make my way to the parking lot. Yshi had left with Ate Janina, so I wouldn't be able to give her a ride. While I was walking towards my car, I could hear a familiar female voice speaking nearby. However, I couldn't make out the words clearly because it was almost like gibberish. Napakamot nga lang ako sa ulo ko nang bahagya nang awtomatikong tumigil ang mga paa ko sa tabi ng taong nagsasalita. Hindi ko rin alam kung bakit.

"Wenwen," I called her name, adding a fake laugh to break the awkwardness.

"K-Kalil?"

I felt embarrassed because I had stopped walking beside her, and her face reddened too. I noticed her embarrassment and how she quickly avoided eye contact, which left me puzzled. I wasn't sure why we were both so uncomfortable.

"Uhm..."

I wasn't sure how to start our conversation now. While I felt embarrassed, she appeared even more uncomfortable. I realized I might have made her uneasy, but I couldn't pinpoint what I'd done wrong. Was it my sudden stop while walking beside her that had startled her?

"Are you the one... talking?" I asked, and she seemed a bit surprised.

"Ah, oo... n-narinig mo ba?" she asked, stuttering slightly.

I scanned the parking lot, noticing there were no other people around except for the two security guards. I redirected my gaze to Wenwen.

"Who were you talking to?" I asked, puzzled because I couldn't see anyone else nearby.

Ako lang din naman ang katabi niya kaya nagtataka ako kung sinong kausap niya. Ngumiti siya nang bahagya at umiling siya sa akin. I just stared at her as she looked away after, avoiding my gaze. Tila ba natatakot ito na magsalubong ang mga mata namin ngayon.

"Where's your brother?" I asked so the topic would be shifted to make her less uncomfortable.

"Nagpunta sa restroom saglit," sagot niya sa akin.

Now, speaking of Bryan, I spotted him walking towards us, and Wenwen noticed him as well. When Bryan noticed me, he gave me a nod and then turned his attention to Wenwen, who was gazing into the distance.

"You go inside the car," Bryan told his sister, and Wenwen nodded in response.

Tinanguan naman ako ni Wenwen nang magtama ang aming mga mata bilang paalam kaya tinanguan ko rin siya pabalik. Pagkatapos niyon ay saka na siya naglakad papasok sa kotse ng kuya niya, at doon ko lang muling ibinalik ang atensyon ko kay Bryan nang magsalita ito.

"You kissed Yshi earlier on her cheek," he mentioned and let out a chuckle.

"I have a penchant for stealing kisses from her. On the first day, I even planted a kiss on both of her cheeks," I said with a laugh.

"I see," Bryan responded.

I tilted my head slightly, looking at him with curiosity. What's up with bringing this up suddenly?

But earlier, yeah, I found a perfect moment to express my fondness for Yshi. With a gentle approach, I leaned in and placed a soft kiss on her cheek. The softness of her skin beneath my lips sent a warm sensation through me. It was an affectionate gesture, one that held a deeper meaning, a sign of my genuine feelings for her. Iba rin ang pakiramdam na ngayon na alam kong manliligaw na ako.

"We'll go ahead," he bid me farewell.

"Oh, yeah. Me too as well, dude," I replied, and he nodded in acknowledgment.

I approached my car and got inside. I furrowed my brow as I started the engine, but I sighed in the end, shaking my head.

"Hi, Ma," I greeted my mom when I entered our living room.