Kabanata 45

• इन्हें समर्पित: LABMYSELF15

Our conversation was interrupted when my older brother approached us, having just spoken with Pastor Jake.

"Hey," my brother greeted Bryan, tapping his shoulder before turning his attention to me. "Where's Ja?"

"Bahay. Ginigising nila Precious kanina pero ayaw bumangon kaya iniwan na namin," sagot ko sa kanya.

"I see," he nodded in my direction and then shifted his gaze to Bryan. "Do you want to stay with us? I have a feeling Janina cooked something delicious today," he said with a laugh.

"Sure po, so I can taste her cooking," Bryan chuckled.

Bryan glanced at me, and I simply nodded. It would be impolite to decline my brother's invitation when he personally asked Bryan to join us. Who am I to say no?

"Hello, Kuya Ralph! Hello, dear!" Ate Janina greeted us but stopped in her tracks when she noticed Bryan was with us. "Hello! Bryan, right? It's nice to see you here, Bryan!"

"Me too, Ate Janina," Bryan replied, flashing a charming smile and giving her a kiss on the cheek as a greeting.

My brother said his goodbyes and mentioned that he had some work to attend at his office upstairs. Ibinilin pa nito sa akin si Bryan na ikinangiwi ko dahil siya ang nag-imbita sa kanya rito sa bahay ngunit sa akin naman pala ipapaalaga.

"Hey, guys, do you want dessert?" Ate Janina asked.

"Yeah," I replied.

"Okay, I'll prepare them in the dining room. Just wait, alright?"

Bryan and I made our way to the dining room while Ate Janina remained in the kitchen, presumably fetching the dessert she prepared. When we arrived at the dining room, we found Precious and Monique, the siblings, busy enjoying their dessert. They were both surprised to see Bryan with us.

"Hi, Bryan!" Precious greeted him immediately.

"Where's Kuya Zean?" I asked them as I pulled a chair. "Please, have a seat, Bryan," I said, feeling it was polite to tell him that, and he took the seat beside me.

"Nasa bahay pa nila Ate Nicole," sagot naman ni Monique.

"Bryan, sit next to me," Precious said, trying to be cute.

"Ate, hindi mo ba nakikita? Magkatabi na sila ni Ate Yashi," sabi sa kanya ni Monique at natawa.

"I know. There's nothing wrong with Bryan sitting next to me," she quipped playfully, rolling her eyes at her sister.

"There's nothing wrong with him sitting next to Ate Yashi either."

"Ano bang pinaglalaban mo?" natatawa nitong tanong.

"Ano rin bang pinaglalaban mo, Ate?"

"We've been together for about three months. I just want to have a proper closure," she giggled.

"What? Really?" Monique exaggerated her surprised look.

"Naging kami ni Bryan dati," nakangiting sabi ni Precious, ipinagmamalaki.

"What?"

"Naging kami."

"What?"

"Naging kami."

"What?"

"Naging ka-"

"I know! You keep on repeating it," she said, cutting her sister off.

"You keep on asking what, I'm just repeating my answer!"

Bryan chuckled, and both of them turned their attention to him, while I remained quietly observing their banter.

A Pure Heart: Missing Pieceजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें