Kabanata 13

As I wander through this enchanting amusement park at night, I can't help but be captivated by the swirling lights and the laughter of countless other visitors. In the midst of the bustling crowd, my thoughts drift to the puzzling nature of love. I find myself wondering how love, like a cosmic force, could possibly guide two souls through this sea of distractions and other admirers. Will it act as a steadfast compass, forging a path for two people to find each other amidst the chaos, or will it merely stand by, allowing circumstances to lead them into the arms of someone else? In this vibrant and dynamic setting, the mysteries of love seem all the more intriguing and unpredictable.

Beneath the starless sky and amidst the cold, brisk breeze in the amusement park, my mind grapples with simpler questions: How can I know if I've found the right person for me, or if I've already met them without realizing it? Equally confusing, how can I tell when someone isn't the right match for me? The lack of stars in the sky leaves me searching for answers, making me wonder when and how fate will make its intentions clear.

"Hey! Kanina ka pa nalulula! Maybe you took that Viking ride to heart, huh?" Precious playfully remarked.

I gazed at Precious. There was a curiosity about her, a sense of connection, but I couldn't ignore the thought that lingered in the back of my mind. Was she someone meant to play a significant role in my life, or was she simply a fleeting distraction on the path to finding that special someone? I grappled with uncertainty, feeling the weight of a decision I needed to make. Ang tagal kong hindi nagseseryoso sa mga ganitong bagay. But I had reached a point in life where I wanted to commit, to get serious, but the challenge lay in finding who I should invest my time and emotions in. Wala naman akong malinaw na kasagutan, e. But I was determined to make the right choice, making sure that when I did commit, it would be to the person who truly deserved it.

"Hoy! Sabi na talaga nalulula ka. Ayos ka lang ba?" sabi ni Precious, bahagyang nag-aalala ang boses. Muli siyang tumawa sa akin, umiiling-iling pa nang ngisian ko ito at tumango.

"Nasaan na pala sila?" I asked, talking about the others.

"Nagmemeryenda na. Tara, meryenda na rin tayo."

"Sure. How about we try ice cream?"

"Sure," she replied, smiling.

As Precious and I strolled toward the ice cream stall, we noticed the vendor sporting a warm smile while engaging with the children buying his treats. Oddly, this scene triggered a fleeting memory, but I quickly dismissed it with a shake of my head. It felt inappropriate to be thinking of someone else while in the company of Precious, and such distractions seemed impolite.

"Cookies and cream po!" saad ng batang babae, ngiting-ngiti pa ito.

"Cookies and cream din po sa akin!" nakangiting sabi naman ng isang batang lalaki.

I observed the two children, and they exchanged glances, sharing smiles with each other. Perhaps they had realized they both liked the same ice cream flavor.

"Paborito mo ang cookies and cream?" nakangiting tanong sa kanya ng batang lalaki.

"Oo, masarap kasi!" tugon naman ng batang babae.

"Pareho pala tayo!" And they happily high-fived and laughed together.

I couldn't help but smile as I watched the two of them, even more so when the vendor handed them their orders. Sabay pang nagpasalamat ang dalawa.

Kids are indeed adorable and full of innocence.

"Ano nga pala pangalan mo? May facebook ako. Add kita," nakangiting sabi sa kanya ng batang lalaki.

"I'm Anna. Sige, accept kita!" bibo namang tugon nito sa batang lalaki.

"Bye, Anna!"

"Bye!" At saka na sila kapwa umalis at nagtungo sa ibang direksyon.