“There’s a bathroom connected to my room darling, I was able to take a shower the same time you did.” she chuckled.

Oh yeah.

“So are you ready for today?” she asked me.

I shrugged. “Probably not. But I just want to get this over with. I don’t even know why they have to ask me questions. I’m not the one they should be interrogating.”

“Do you really think it was Mike?”

Last night, I had filled her in on everything. Starting from the day we spent together, to when Rita told me, to staying at Alex’s for the past day, which she was really happy about for whatever reason. I had told her mine and Mike’s conversation on the phone and how he didn’t sound the least bit surprised to find out that Toby had been murdered. I also informed her on what the letter said that Toby had given me and what he put in it.

“I feel like it was him. Deep down, I feel like that’s what my gut is telling me.” I told her.

She nodded thoughtfully while curling the last piece of her hair that needed to be curled. She unplugged it before plugging in her straightener for me to use. After blow drying my hair and having Ariel straighten my hair, since it’s so much easier having someone else do it for you, we were off.

          My stomach started feeling queasy, like I was going to throw up any second. I was unable to eat breakfast, even though I never do anyway. Ariel insisted on me at least eating an apple but I refused.

          The police station was about an hour away so we had a while to go. For the majority of the time, Ariel was on the phone with Austin and she would talk so quiet like most girls do when they’re on the phone with their boyfriend. But after almost getting us into an accident, I made her hang up. So now we were sitting here in silence. Well, almost silence. Ariel kept humming the tune to, “Call Me Maybe”. Yes, it’s a very catchy song, I will admit but one does not need to hum it.

          One long hour later, we pulled up to the police station. It didn’t look anything like I pictured it. But maybe that’s because I was picturing a jail with guys with tattoos crawling up their arms, unshaved beards and yelling and fighting. I really need to stop watching movies.

          I pushed open the door, Ariel close behind me. The man behind the counter didn’t acknowledge me in any way when I walked through the door. He just kept his head down, writing frantically on a piece of paper. I mean, I wasn’t expecting a red carpet to roll out or anything but aren’t you supposed to at least say, “hello” when someone walks through that door? I looked at Ariel and raised my eyebrows.

          “Excuse me?” Ariel said.

        The man looked up at us annoyingly, like we were disturbing him. In case anyone hasn’t noticed, I really didn’t want to be here. Ariel and I were literally the only ones in the room. Besides the guy who I have yet to put a name to.

          “Can I help you?” he asked gruffly.

          Ariel smiled as sweetly as possible. “Yes sir you see, my friend here,” she gestured to me, “was asked by someone to come in today to answer a couple of questions and we were just wondering if-”

          He cut her off. “The only person who is written down for that is a Desiree Hale.”

          “It’s Sapphire.” I spoke up causing him to look over at me.

          “What?” he questioned.

          “I go by Sapphire. I was asked to come here today so if you could just direct me to where I’m supposed to go that would be-”