Chapter 24

He cooks the meat and seasons it.He boils the water and cooks the noodles.And finally he adds the sauce to the meat and the noodles to the sauce.It looks really good.

"What's wrong?"I ask putting my fork down and grabbing his hand."Nothing,it's just I don't like when you say things like that,you know that I'm a really jealous guy"I rolled my eyes before I realized he was serious."I'm sorry"I didn't know he felt that way.I would feel the same if the roles were reversed."I'm sorry baby"I put my head on his shoulder.

"It's fine"he still seems sad."Zander please talk to me"

"I'm scared"Scared?Of what I'm really confused,I want to help him but I don't know how."Scared of what?"I ask him.

"Our relationship,it's just starting to get good and I have to leave for a week to meet with the other alphas.But I don't want someone to come in and try and take you.Hell Zach tried that while I was here,and Nash I don't know him he could come and take advantage of you or something"he expresses.

"What if you take me with?"I ask hopeful."I can't princess I'm sorry." "Well what if Sawyer stays here with me and Serena"

~~~~~(Zanders Pov)~~~~~
Of course I wanted to take her with me.I wanted nothing else more.But I needed to see Alpha Rylan.We we're friends when we we're younger but we don't see each other much because our packs are not close at all.

We we're meeting at his pack with Alpha Bentley.Bentley's wife was pregnant with his heir so he can only stay for a couple of days.

I'm still on the fence about Sawyer staying here.
Sawyers my friend and all,he's just not the person I would have chosen to be my beta.My dad and his dad are friends so they made a deal a while age that if his dad pays my dad he'll give the position of Beta.

After time we became friends but he still does stuff that pisses me off.I just don't know how safe i feel leaving him alone with my mate."That sounds fine,I'm just gonna need to set some guidelines with him and you"

"Ok?"she asks skeptically."One,no talking to other guys.That's a given.Two,don't leave the house,at all.Three,call and text me everyday with what you are doing.Obviously.If I think of anymore I'll let you know"I say proudly.She rolls her eyes but looks at me.

"Ok fine"she crosses her arms."When are you leaving?"

"Uh tomorrow morning"I whisper but it sounds more like a question."You're leaving so soon why didn't you tell me?"I had really forgot to tell her until yesterday.

"I-I umm well I forgot that I had to leave,I'm sorry"I quickly apologize."It's fine"she says."Can we please go do something together before I have to leave"I hold her.

"Yeah sure"she says taking my hand and bringing me to our room and taking out my white swim shorts and her swim suit.

"We are going swimming?"I ask skeptically,I guess I hadn't really known is she liked swimming."Yup get dressed"she throws the shorts to me and walks into the bathroom locking the door.

"You can change out here princess"I smirk."Just get your swim suit on"she responds.I get my trucks on and throw my clothes in a pile on the floor.Good enough.

I knock on the door of the bathroom and she comes walking out in a two piece strapless top and high waisted bottoms.It's blue and white pattern.

'Mate her' Rhys says in my head.
'Trust me I want to 'i respond back.I growl a little before she struts past me walking out of the room."You coming or not?"she asks innocently."I'm definitely gonna be cuming"I whisper.She doesn't hear me luckily and I walk outside smiling.

"You're not going in?"I ask her because she is sitting on a yard chair with her sunglasses on."Probably in a second"she says looking at me.I go over to her and pick her up throwing her over my shoulder and jumping in the pool.

"Zander!"she screams at me.I chuckle while we resurface."I hate you"she mutters."Sure you do princess"I kiss her gently and she doesn't kiss me back.

I never wanted this day to end,we had spent the rest of our time together just swimming playing around being mates.I know that nothing that could happen is going to mess this up.