33. BC IV: Under the Thunder

Start from the beginning

•••

^^^^ play singularity

Kris sat on the couch across from Taehyung, cup in hand. They had been friends for years and this was the first time where Kris failed to meet eyes with Taehyung. Taehyung raises an eyebrow as the glow of lightning shines against his skin. Kris scoots away from the sound and Taehyung started standing up and closing the blinds of his window before the lights turn on.

"I..I'm gonna go change my clothes," Taehyung stated before Kris nods her head before Taehyung turns a corner and disappears into his room. Kris lets out a sigh, breathing deeply as a rush of tears takes the chance to run down her cheek. She wipes it off quickly and try's to hold down a sob, fearing that Taehyung would see her crying.

What was she doing? She was the one who told Taehyung off. He'd wanted their relationship to start, but she.

A coward.

Kris sighs, pulling out her phone and staring at the time, in a daze. The thunder roars and Kris slumps to the ground, hands clasped against her ears. It had been a simple fear of the sound of thunder as a child which turned into anxiety-inducing moments seeing how her heart constricted in her ribcage.

The sound was loud and it crackled and Kris stood up abruptly and rushed into the kitchen finding a corner she could fit into before proceeding to breathe in deeply.

Breathe in, breathe out.

Kris pressed her hands so tight to her head, she had almost thought her skull would crack.

" Kris?" Taehyung's voice sounds from the living room area. Taehyung walks over to the sound of sniffling before his eyes widen.

She could feel her breath hitching but refused to leave from her spot.

" What are you doing-" Taehyung's pace stops in front of Kris as she looks toward the sound. her eyes were blurred with tears as she shakes her head.

Taehyung takes the time to kneel down before observing Kris' shaky hands. He takes his big warmer ones and holds her cold ones, a sigh leaving his lips.

" Get up," he murmurs before Kris shakes her head.

" Ris, it's not going to hurt-"

" It always hurts. " Kris replies, voice muffled.

" Get up," He says, tone softer before Kris feels arms grasping her shoulders. Soon enough Taehyung makes her stand, watching the girl wipe away some tears.

" Change into these," he says handing her a t-shirt and some pants, taking her shoulders and pushing her into his room.

Kris sniffles and shakes her head.

" I have to go. Me being here is too-"

" You aren't going anywhere in this rain," Taehyung said sternly. His eyes soften as Kris looks toward the windows walking into Taehyung's room, and shutting the door behind her. It was Taehyung's turn to breathe deeply,

He'd been holding back for too long. He couldn't stand not talking to Kris and he ever realized how much of his time she'd taken up.