Outside (16)

I'm sorry it's been so long!!! I've been extremely busy. Cliche excuses and that stuff. But now my school is ending tomorrow so I can write to my heart's content.

Y/N's POV

The air was fresh, and the sun shone down into my eyes. Sometimes, I like to imagine what would happen if weather bent to my will. Beautiful and floral days could be sourced from cold winter days. Rainy days could let the sun shine through the rain, creating just a small patch to stand in the rain, but not get wet.

But I'm really just a normal girl. Or a fox girl. When did I even get these fox features? Funnily enough, I don't remember, considering that it should be one of the most significant events in my life.

Thoughts fill my head as the birds sing their strange song. Strange how? Well, it sounds like some video game song I've heard before, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

The best part about the outdoors is the sweet atmosphere. Nobody can disturb your own time until the night is upon you. Unless, of course, you have an annoying bitchy classmate like Susie who also enjoys skipping class.

"Oh, Y/N. You're here too."

"Susie." I say with fake enthusiasm through gritted teeth. "Why are you here?"

"It's a good thing to skip class once in a while. And by once in a while, I mean every week. It seems you know that too because you're out here, damn it." Susie replied. "Hey, you know I can probably get away with it! Not that I'd WANT to take advantage of that fact, but I guess I am because I need some time off!"

"Ugh, whatever. I'm going to just go to the other side of the school.

Good riddance.