Flashbacks (14)

Y/N's POV

She walks away, more hate in her eyes than if a best friend had betrayed her, and tried to come back.

Why is it like this? Can't we just be friends?

Was I her bully before I lost my memories?

Oh no...this is so bad...

Laughter.

They all teased the little purple girl for who she was. Why exactly? Can't quite remember.

I push the bullies off her, and give her a warm smile. She smiles right back, slight blush in her cheeks from happiness.

From that day on, we were best friends. Until that fateful day...

"B-but, please...!" I beg my father. At least that's who I think it is. It's all a blur.

"No, stop playing around with the little purple girl. You need to do what you know has to be done. If I could, I would let you go, but it's what he wants. Sorry."

"What do you mean, you have to go home?" She shouted.

"I can't go to this school anymore. My dad says --------------------. That's what's best for me."

I try desperately to tune out Susie's desperate sobs of pain, but I've already walking away, telling her where I lived and walking away wordlessly.

Woah! What was that?

Was I daydreaming? Was it a flashback?

Woah...

Susie's POV

That day, I finally learned.

After searching for her all over town, and checking the place she said she lived, I knew the truth. She didn't want to be around me anymore.

I taught myself to never get close to anyone. They, like Y/N, Mom, and Dad, would always just leave me, thinking it was for the best.

But it's not. It's left a slash on my social life.

Y/N's POV

I zone out in the hall, thinking of what that really was, not realizing that class was already over.

"Hey! Y/N!" Noelle shouts. She waves her arms at me, which causes me to snap out of it. "You good?" She asks, looking genuinely concerned.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I answer with a nod.

A couple ASSHOLES from my class came up to me, cruelty dancing across their faces along with a growing smirk.

"So why'd ya skip class, little lady?" they say, cornering me. They shove me against the wall as I remember how Susie did this once.

Although, I liked it a lot more when Susie did it. Mostly cause I know Monika and Heal would be pretty damn mad at Susie if she hurt me.

"I-I" I try to answer. One of the guys leaned closer to my lips, inches apart, and I kicked him in his area. Like HARD.

"Stop!" I shout, knowing everyone could hear me. I watch everyone's faces go slightly red, except for Susie, and they all nod. I hear everyone talk about me amongst themselves, and Susie looked hella pissed off.

That's just how it is, huh?