1.

*TW* (self harm. please skip if you're triggered easily. be safe please. <3 )

"I think that's all of it." The moving guy said as he wheeled the last of my boxes into the empty apartment. The brown eyed girl thanked him and started unpacking.

     Camila had been worried for quite sometime about moving out on her own. She expressed her fears to her parents, but it wasn't convincing enough for them. They were practically forcing her to move out because they thought she needed to learn to be more independent, and she did, but this was too early for her. She was too young and not ready. She wasn't ready to be alone. She wasn't ready to be alone with her thoughts and have no one to help her. Her mom was her best friend and could help her through anything, she was her shoulder to cry on, literally.

     Now, she was alone in her empty apartment, sitting on the floor by herself. She had made a mistake agreeing to move out, and she knew it. She couldn't live alone. Who was she supposed to talk to when she was down? Who was there to calm her down during thunderstorms? Who could help her sleep at night? No one. Camila had no one.

     Instead of getting lost in her thoughts, she starting opening boxes of furniture and fixing up her apartment. She didn't need to put everything away, just enough to get her through the night. She started in the living room and planned on ending with the furniture in her bedroom.

•Three Hours Later•

"God, finally!", Camila sighed as she fell back onto her bed. She was staring at the ceiling thinking of what to do next when she decided to look through the photos on her phone. She opened her camera roll and started swiping through the pictures of her family and friends, her eyes turning glassy when she reached a picture of her mom. God how she wishes she were here right now.

     Camila was so scared of starting her own life. She was always scared of being alone growing up, and here she was, all alone in an apartment building in the middle of LA. She kept swiping through her photos and stopped when she got to a picture of her and her best friend, Taylor. She had been there for her more times than she could count. She had helped Camila through the deepest parts of her depression. Camila began to cry, thinking of how many people she left behind in Miami.

     You're alone. You have no one. Her thoughts hissed at her. "No! Not now!", Camila screamed, running her hands through her dark brown hair. Camila knew where this was going and she knew there was nobody to help her. You know what will make you feel better right? Just do it, Camila. Do it!

      She paced back and forth in her bedroom, trying to block out her thoughts. She knew it wasn't right, but it was so tempting.

      She grabbed her bag and ran to her bathroom, locking the door behind her. She opened the small pouch and grabbed her razor. Camila knew this would just make everything worse, but she had no one to help her. The urges were too strong, so she gave in. She drug the shiny blade across her wrist, leaving trails of blood in its place. She felt immediate relief and then a rush of panic ran through her.

     She had just broke her two years clean. Two years, down the drain. All of that hard work, gone. Camila started sobbing, making her way to her couch to try and calm down. She sat on her couch with her head between her knees and tried to catch her breath. She started hysterically crying. Loud sobs began to echo through her body. She was broken now. She had ruined everything she worked so hard for.

     Getting worn out from crying, Camila decided it would be easier to just fall asleep on the couch. Right as she was dozing off, she heard a soft knock on her door. She quickly threw her hair into a messy bun and wiped the tears off of her face before cracking the door open. A raven haired girl with piercing green eyes stood at her door, looking very concerned.

      "Are you okay? I heard screaming and crying, and I just wanted to make sure no one was dying in here.", the green eyed girl said, smiling softly.

      Camila rubbed her eyes,"Uh sorry, I didn't mean to be so loud. I was just about to go to bed, so I won't keep you up anymore." She started closing the door slowly when the girl ,who she guessed was her neighbor, put her hand on the door, stopping it from closing.

     The raven haired girl stuttered,"S-sorry, I just didn't catch your name." Camila blushed slightly at the older girl's nervous stutter.

     "Um, Camila, my name's Camila." She started biting her lip, a nervous habit she had picked up years ago.

      The green eyed girl replied,"Well Camila, it's nice to meet you. I'm Lauren, I live next door." Lauren stuck her hand out for Camila to shake and Camila pulled her sleeve down before reaching to shake the outstretched hand. The green eyed girl noticed her pulling down her sleeve, but decided not to say anything.

The brown haired girl spoke quickly,"I'm really sorry I kept you up, I'll let you go now. I'm sure you're tired."

     Lauren played with her fingers anxiously,"Yeah, well..um. I hope you're okay, Camila. Have a nice night." With that, Lauren stepped backwards, and closed the door behind her.

      Camila leaned against the closed door and inhaled, Wow. She thought. She's so pretty. Camila decided she wanted to get to know Lauren. She would go see her tomorrow and see if she could help her unpack.

      Meanwhile, Lauren plopped down on her couch, thinking of similar things. She's so cute, but she looked so sad. I hope she's okay. I'll see if she needs help moving in tomorrow. With both girls separately deciding to see one another the next day, they both went to sleep, relaxed because they both finally had someone to talk to. Even if they were just neighbors, at least they knew they had someone to carry on a casual conversation with. They decided this was good enough.

*AN*
If you guys have any tips or suggestions, let me know please! Also, tell me if there's any grammar/ spelling errors, I didn't proofread. This is the first time I'm writing something, and I don't know if I'm any good. Thanks. <3
-Callie