Summer and Rowan

Edited 6-26–19

"Sideswipe, grab me some gummy bears! "

I yelled across the parking lot. He shook his head with a smile as he entered the store behind Casey and Ironhide.

I reached over and dig through my bag. I put it on my shoulders and opened Optimus's door.

"I'm gonna go change. My clothes are still a little damp from last night. "

I said to him. "Alright. We will be here. "

I briskly walked over to the separate building where the bathrooms were and went inside. It was still slightly raining from last night. Just a light drizzle at this point. But it would not stop and it was so annoying.

I locked the door and sighed. Glancing in the dirty and cracked mirror, I noticed that I looked horrible. My hair a disastrous rats nest, my clothes were damp, dirty and wrinkly and I over all looked exhausted.

I splashed some water over my face and took a deep breath. I took out a new set of clothes and changed. Using the bracelet did make me feel more tired but with some sleep I should be back to normal. I peeled off my jeans and winced when I realized I had scraped from landing so harshly into Ironhide truth bed last night. My jeans rubbing against it prevented it from properly healing.

I watched at it closed up and healed before my eyes. It was fascinating. It would never get old.

Once I was changed and looking less homeless like,  I exited the bathroom. I stopped to put my bag back on my shoulders when a hand grabbed my wrist. I jumped, startled by the sudden contact.

It was a girl.

She had on dirty, bloody ripped clothes, messy hair, dirt layered on her skin and very small.

"Uhm.. can I help you? Are you okay? Where your parents..? "

I asked slowly. She looked around fearfully, her green eyes met mine. I knelt down slightly to her level. She couldn't have been more than twelve. "What's your name? "

"S-Summer. " She mumbled. I nodded. "How old are you? "

"Eleven. " She answered. Her eyes still glancing around in fear. I looked around to see if there was anything off. But everything looked normal. So what was she so afraid of?

"What are you doing out here alone? "

I asked her. Tears welled up in her eyes. "We- we were driving. It was raining really bad. There was some plane... it was flying really low and then some cars had been driving like stupid people. " She paused.

"My step sister... she uh... she tried covering my eyes but I could still see and hear everything. There were big loud bangs and explosions.... the ground was shaking... and the car next to us... it- it turned into something... "

I widened my eyes. "What did it turn into? "

I asked anxiously. She shook her head closing her eyes. "You wouldn't believe me. "

She sobbed. I put a hand on her shoulder. "Tell me. I promise to believe you. "

I said. She sighed. "The car t-turned into a... um... a robot... with red eyes.... "

I sighed and closed my eyes. She had witnessed everything from last night. "The robots were after a big truck. It was red and... blue..... "

She trailed off just as Optimus had pulled into view in the distance. She gasped with a cry and backed away. "That- that's the truck... the truck that those cars were after! Are the bad ones here now? They're going to attack again! "