Base of the truth

Edited 6-18-19

Drift and I spend hours just hanging around the beach and talking. We walked up and down the beach collecting shells and splashing water atone another. It was a really good day and it really helped me calm my nerves.

His holoform was really convenient because we could hang out mush easier and we could do things in public. Which was really nice.

I was currently sitting in his passenger seat while his holoform drove down the road. We turned into a nice looking neighborhood. It looked relatively new. Or maybe it was just that nice of a neighborhood.

You could tell that the roads were paced recently, the houses were nice and fancy, the trees were spread evenly apart and it looked almost perfect. We turned a few corners before he came to a stop in front of a light brown one story house. In the driveway was a white van and a grey truck.

I sat in the passenger seat even after Drift killed his engine. We sat in silence, I just looked at the house. The curtains opened and I saw a woman. It must've been his step mother. I wonder if he knew he was adopted. Maybe I should talk to his step parents first? I don't know.... Drift must've sensed my hesitation and tightened the seat belt I had yet to take off.

"You don't have to go now. We can wait until tomorrow. We can wait as long as you need Ivory. "

"No.... I want to do it today. I'm gonna do it. I need to see him. He needs to know the truth, I don't want him to find out through the cons or the conquerors. "

Just as I was going to get out the front door opened. A boy came out all decked out in red and black uniform. The man and woman got into the car while the boy jumped into the backseat. They backed out into the street, turned and drove down the road, disappearing behind a corner.

"Should we follow them....? " I asked.

"It is your choice. " Drift said softly.

I decided to follow. We drove a short distance to a park where a baseball team was warming up. I saw him run into the field and stretch with his team. His 'mother' sat in the bleachers witht he rest of the moms while the 'father' got snacks from the concession stand.

I stood a good distance away watching my brother play. He was really good, maybe the best out there. He struck a home rum. I laughed clapping, forgetting the million problems I had for just that moment.

He seemed happy... It was the end of the game and he started heading back to his 'mom'. I called out to him and he changed his direction. But I froze and went blank, realizing what I just did.

He walked my way. Drift stood in his holoform a few feet away leaning against a tree. He nodded reassuringly.

"Hi. " I said, looking at him. It was different seeing him so close... 

"Hey, do I know you? " He asked curiously.

"No, uh no you don't. I'm Ivory, Ivy for short. "

"Nice. I'm Casey. I'm Number 39 out in the field. "

"Yeah I saw you play. You're good. Great game. You kicked their butts. " I chuckled.

"Yeah. Thanks Ivy! So, what bring you here anyway? Do you have a sibling on the team or something? "

"Yeah I do actually. I just came to hang out and saw there was a game going on so I decided to watch. "

I came up with quickly. He nodded. "Where's your parents? "

That's where I froze up. My birth parents were dead, my adoptive parents were dead, and Cade and Tessa weren't around right now.

They waited for me back home at the farm house. He noticed my silence and took note of it. "Sorry... but uh... my moms making a big dinner tonight, maybe you'd want to come over? "