My home is you

Edited 6-25-19

"You knew... this whole time?! "

I said grabbing fistfuls of my hair anxiously. There were so many emotions running through my head...

"Is that the only reason you've all stuck around? Because I'm some relic. That's it? "

I stopped. "Is that really all I am to you guys? "

I paused and looked at Grimlock. "And you? Did you know too? "

"I was not aware. No. " He said. The others shook their head as well.

So the dinobots didn't know. At least they hadn't lied to me.

I couldn't believe the autobots. I couldn't believe Optimus... how could he betray me of anyone... and Drift...

"Ivory, everything you've learned is true. They did deceive you. They had kept this a secret. But on my order. " Optimus spoke. He knelt down lower, he was right in front of my face now. He used his giant finger and carefully wipe the tears on my face. I jerked my head away and let out a sob.

"But I never sent Drift to find you. " He said.

"What....? " I said sniffing.

"I hadn't known about the relic inside you until after I confronted Lockdown face to face. He revealed it to me then. I had Ratchet preform scans and proved his information was valid. "

So... it was a coincidence I met Drift...?

I let out a shaky breath. Trying to regain control of myself.

"Drift found you by accident. He didn't know about you until after the battle with Lockdown. The moment I saw you after that battle, I knew we had to protect you. "

I rolled my eyes crossing my arms. "Why? Because I have the stupid relic in me? "

"No. Because you were young. You were such a gentle human, with a bright soul. You had almost died for our cause and I could not let that happen. I knew that being with us would bring you nothing but trouble. So I swore we'd protect you till our final days. You should not have to pay for our past centuries mistakes. "

I sighed. Wiping my face with my arm. Casey was watching me carefully from Ironhides shoulder. The weapons specialist knelt down.

His face genuine. "We care about you kid. We all do. Not just because of the relic. But because your Ivory. You're an autobot. You became one of us the day you saved Drift and risked your own tail for us. "

I smiled lightly. Then I groaned with a sigh.

"Why didn't you guys just tell me? "

"By the time the fights were over, and we finally had a moments peace, we unfortunately... learned that if we were to try and get the relic out of you.... it would... "

Sideswipe stopped. As if it was too hard for him to say it.

"Ivory. It would kill you. " Optimus finished. I shuddered.

"We would never do that to you. We didn't want that on your conscious. Even if it meant we never got back home again." Cliffjumper added.

"Besides. Why would we ever want to leave you, ya Brat. " Sunstreaker huffed with a smirk.

"Kid, this is our home now. And we aren't going anywhere. " Ironhide said.

I lowered my head. I thought about it.... my anger diminishing.

"But... what if I wanted to let you guys to go back to your planet? You guys would be able to live without fear of being hunted. "

I said. They all protested. Shouts coming from every direction of the stupid idea.

"This is why we never told you. We knew you'd try and sacrifice yourself for us. " Ironhide said standing up to his full height.

"You know, as you've done multiple times. We're not letting you do it again. Especially when it means your permanent death. " Drift said.

"But I.... "

I couldn't find the words. But I wasn't angry anymore... now that they've explained... I understand.

They're right. I totally would sacrifice myself so they could return home. But Sunstreaker was also right. This was their home now... but still...

"Won't you guys miss your home? " I said quietly. Optimus picked me up gently.

"Ivory, our home is with you. Wherever you are. We will never leave you. "

I smiled. Tears running down my face again. I wasn't angry or upset. I was actually very happy.

My anger was gone. Now that I understood.
They lied to protect me... they still lied. But I understand why. I faced them.

"Promise me no matter what it is that you won't ever lie to me. No matter what it is. "

"Ivory- " Optimus started. He was going to agree but I had to make sure.

"Please. Promise me. " I interrupted.

"Ivory, I swear upon the Allspark. " He said. I looked to the others. They all nodded in agreement.

Everything was okay.

Well. Sort of.

All I needed to do now was find my parents.