Losses

Edited 6-24-19

I don't know how long I stayed like that in Drifts holoform arms. But I didn't care. Neither did he.

We both just clung to one another, crying silently on each others shoulder. I looked up to see the other bots and Casey standing with Ironhides help. "Ivy... "

He said with a smile.

"Hey... guys. " I tried to smile back, but it only ended up in me awkwardly opening my mouth. I couldn't bring myself to look behind me at Brandon's body. I'm shocked no one has come in here... no nurse or doctor.

"We've had this end of the hall restricted for military access only. So you won't have to worry about any doctors coming to poke and prod at you, or... or take Brandon away.. "

Will said hesitantly, as if reading my mind.

"Other than me of course. I need to take a look at you. " Ratchet said coming closer. He pulled out a device and scanned my body. He read over the results and sighed in relief. "

"Your body is healing. And healing faster than normal... you should feel better within the next hour or two. " He said amazed. I nodded.

"What about him? Will he be okay? And him? "

I asked gesturing to Drift and Casey.

"Yes. He will heal, just in longer time. And Casey will be back to normal in the next few weeks. "

I looked at Will. "What about... y-your family..? Your wife and kid? "

I asked hesitantly. He froze up for a moment. Then rubbed the back of his neck. "Annabelle will be okay. Like Ratchet said, takes time to heal. "

Everyone looked at him with sad eyes. Something else happened that he wasn't telling me... He didn't say anything about his wife...

"But- " I tried. But was cut off by Optimus.

"Don't you worry about that right now young one. Focus on healing. Outside and inside. "

He said patting my shoulder gently. He motioned Will outside the room. He nodded, following the Prime. I looked back up at Drifts holoform. He flickered again and winced.

"You need to go. Keeping this up, it's hurting you... " I said. I didn't want him to leave, but if it was hurting him even more then he should rest.  "No. I need to be here. With you. "

He said. Ratchet sighed. "Drift, your systems will go into shut down if you do not power down for at least the next twelve hours. "

I was shocked. "Twelve hours?! "

He nodded. "The.. glitch in his systems has done much damage. He needs to recover correctly or there's high risk of 'him' coming back. And even stronger. "

Ratchet explained. Drift scowled. "But- "

"Drift. Go. It's okay... I'll come back to base and see you when you wake up. "

"But I want to be here with you... after everything I did to you... you and a lot of others... " He mumbled sadly.

I took his face in my hands and kissed his cheek. I hugged him tightly  "It's okay. It's not your fault and I can assure you that no one else blames you. "

"I blame me. "

I pulled back. "Then we'll just have to change your mind about that. But for now, go back to base. I'll see you there I promise."

I bit back a groan at the sudden movement when he helped me off the floor. If he saw that I was in pain, he wouldn't ever leave.

"... alright. "He said hesitantly after a moment.

"I will see you soon, Ivy. " He quietly spoke before his holoform faded and the weight of his hand in mine disappeared. Ratchet took my arm and lifted my shirt slightly. "Ratchet! "

I said alarmed. He ran his fingers over my ribs. I winced. "I knew it. You might be able to hide it from the others but I'm a Doctor. You can't hide injuries from me youngling. "

"I'm sorry I just didn't want to make Drift worry and- "

He held up a finger. "It's alright. I understand why you did it. But from now on, you tell me at least. "

I nodded and I sat up on the metal table. Ratchet came back with bandage wraps and wrapped my ribs tightly. "That should do it. "

He said. He held out a hand to help me get down and to walk. We exited the room and I saw Will holding his daughter tightly as she cried. I left Ratchets side, limping over to them.

"Ivy, I wouldn't go over there- "

Ironhide tried but Optimus stopped him. "She needs to know. Keeping it from her will only worsen things. "

I began getting scared. I glanced at a Ironhide as he turned his gaze away from mine. What happened to make them so nervous...?

I stood beside Will and Annabelle and looked into the room the stood in front of. Several doctors and nurses frantically trying to save someone.

But who?

The finally called it and turned off the heart monitor that had been flat lined for several minuets. The doctors and nurses led the room to give the family time alone, and that's when I saw her. My eyes went wide. My mouth hung open.

My eyes stung.

My throat tightened.

My chest got heavy.

My brain was all over the place and my face grew hot.

The woman that helped us get away from evil Drift was in there.

The woman that protected us.

A single tear fell from my eye.

She was Wills wife..

Annabelle's mom...

And she laid there..... Dead.

Because of me...