Energon Poisoning

Edited 6-13-19

Optimus:

Our plan was to rescue Tessa without the decepticons awareness, but there were complications. Megatron has gotten a hold of Ivory somehow... she was at her place of education and they found managed to find her.

I wasn't going to risk her life as well as Tessa's and my autobots lives by charging in there. We needed a plan.

"The bracelet I gave Ivy has a tracker in it, I can speak to her and it's connected to her mind. Anything she thinks of, is in her grasp within a second. We can use that to track Ivy. And she can defend herself with it. " Drift had spoken up.

"Defend herself? With a bracelet? Really? "

Crosshairs said crossing his arms. Drift smirked. "Trust me. It's more than meets the eye. "

"What about Tessa? " Cade asked below me.

"They're most likely together. If not then we track Ivy and find Tessa from there. We have no idea on Tessa's whereabouts. Ratchet found a false lead. "

Drift continued. I allowed my autobots to decide this one. This was their mission, I had been gone for so long and in my time away, they had truly done good. They managed just fine without me.

They quickly developed a stable plan and they all looked at me. They still looked to me for guidance and my orders. I nodded. "Autobots, roll out. "

When we arrived, we could see Ivory and Tessa in a glass tube in the middle of an empty area from a far. Drift had made contact with her through the bracelet and we headed off to invade Megatrons fortress, staying under cover for as long as we could. We were spotted, but we were already close to them. I noticed a female decepticon attacking the Tessa and Ivory.

"Crosshairs, retrieve our human allies. We will cover you. " I yelled, he nodded and ran off to get Ivory and Tessa. We battled till I heard a very frustrated battle cry. Megatron came down and charged directly at me. I dodged, shooting him in the back. He growled, and went for another attack. I took his arm, threw him down and punched his side multiple times.

I noticed Crosshhairs succeeded in retrieving out human friends so I jumped back, transformed and drove off. Crosshairs was already ahead of us heading towards base. A panicked comm came through.

"Optimus! Ivy has energon in her blood... it got into an open wound! "

There was a pause. "Prime it's... it's bad. It's really bad. " He said.

"Take her to the nearest hospital, they may not know what's wrong with her because of the energon, though they can help more than we can. We don't know much about human anatomy. I will alert Ratchet and he will meet you there. "

Crosshairs drove faster towards the hospital where Tessa carried her inside, Cade coming in a few minuets after with Bee. All the autobots parked behind the building, waiting for Tessa or Cade to come out with any news.

Tessa:

I had rushed Ivy into the hospital where she was taken from my arms, put onto a gurney, and wheeled away. The doctors had forced us to stay back. I clung to my father as he watched them wheel her into a room and begun their work. Shane has driven up to meet us. He hugged me tightly. Thanking god I was alive and not hurt.

He didn't let me out if his sights after that. We sat and waited for hours before a doctor came out asking for my father.

"Is she alright? Where is she? " He bombarded.

"Mr. Yeager, Ivory seems to have a critical case of blood poisoning of an unknown substance. She will need a blood transfusion. Is there any blood relative with the same blood type to donate? "

The two of us froze. "Her biological family is dead... there's- there's no one. " Cade said sadly.

"As much as I hate it, and I'm sorry Mr. Yeager, but without a blood relative Ivory will not make it more than 48 hours with the amount of poison circling in blood. It's attacking her body at a rate too fast to slow down, especially when none of our doctors or devices can identify the substance in her bloodstream. The police will want to ask you some questions, perhaps that will help us identify it. "

The doctor left. My father went outside  to get some air. He went to the bots and I followed. I stood beside Drift while Cade went alone to the bench by the wall. Optimus rolled up close to him. I could hardly hear the two speaking. I turned my attention to Drift who I leaned against. "Is- Is she alright? "

"She uh, she has blood poisoning from a substance they don't know what is. It's obviously the energon but uh, she needs a blood transfusion. which is risky as it is... "

"I sense a 'but' coming. Get in with it girl. What is it? " Crosshairs said.

"But... she needs a blood relative to do the procedure. All her blood relatives are dead. She won't make it more than 48 hours without the transfusion. "

She could feel Drift sink down and the atmosphere became thick with grief and silence. I walked away and let the tears fall. Hearing it was one thing, saying it out loud to the ones who love her most was even worse.

Sitting on the curb. Optimus rolled up to me and opened his door. I got inside.

"Tessa, I'm deeply sorry about everything that has happened in the recent hours. "

"Yeah. It's been... pretty crappy. " I wiped my eyes.

"But I do believe there is a solution. " He said.

"Then please do share, what is it? " I said, a sense of hope growing inside me.

"When I discovered the humans had been slaughtering my autobots, I blinded by rage. But she found and talked to me that night. She told me about her previous family, she told me she had an older brother. If we can find him- "

"He could donate the blood she needs! We have to find him... I can't believe she has an older brother! Thank god she does. He's going to save her. "

I hopped out of Optimus and ran to my father. "Dad! We can save her!"

"What? Wh- How? "

"She has an older brother. If we can find him we can save her. " I said speaking quickly.

"An older brother? Where is he? " He asked, walking away.

"Shit. I don't know... we'll have to talk to Ivy to find out. " I said.

I went to Ivys room where she was unconscious from the drugs the nurses had given her to relax. I shook her gently. "Come on Ivy, wake up. I need you to wake up. Just for a second, please... "

She reluctantly opened her eyes. "Tess...? "

"Yeah it's me Ivy, I need you to tell me something. "

Her eyes couldn't stay open, she fought the battle and won, opening her eyes completely. She blinked a few times before nodding.

"Where is your older brother? " I asked leaning in closer to hear her whisper.

She looked confused. "How'd you-"

"That's not important right now, what is important is saving you life. We can't do that without your brother. Do you know where he is? "

"Tenn.... Tennessee... " She pointed to her bag in the corner chair. "Small pocket... "

I went over and opened it. I rummaged through something things before finding a notecard. It had a Tennessee address on it. I sighed in relief.

"Okay.. okay that's good. Thank you Ivy. You rest now. You need it. And you better stay with us okay? We'll be back soon, you keep on fighting alright?"

She nodded. Closing her eyes, she fell asleep again. Tessa ran back outside to Drift amd Cade. "Tennessee. "

She said holding up the notecard with the address on it. Cade nodded, getting into Bumblebee. I climbed into the drivers seat of Drift.

We sped away from the hospital and to Tennesse while Optimus, Crosshairs and the others stayed to look after the hospital where Ivy stayed.