CH.48: Without You

Start from the beginning

Kris remains by the lunch tables and chats with B-Bomb and Zico. Chanyeol picks up his pace, drops his backpack and runs over to Kris. Chanyeol grabs Kris by the collar and begins crying and yelling, "WHERE IS HE! WHERE DID YOU TAKE HIM!"

Kris looks at Chanyeol with a confused face, "What are talking about- and GET YOUR HANDS OFF ME!" Kris yanks off Chanyeol's grip and glares at him

Chanyeol cries, "Baekhyun... Please! I couldn't sleep all night knowing he wasn't safe home... please"

Kris fixes his collar and shakes his head, "I haven't talked to Baekhyun since yesterday during first break"

Chanyeol shakes his head, "No- no- you're lying- I know you are"

"Chanyeol. Yifan," Chanyeol and Kris turn their attention to Principal Mun and the police officer.

"Officer Kwon would like to ask you both a couple of questions in my office. Please come with us," Principal Mun says

The two follow Mr. Mun and the officer with every student staring at them.

*
*
*
*

Kris comes out of the office first. Tao runs over to him, "What happened?"

Kris looks at Tao, "Junmyeon- he won't give up with his stupid story about me forcing him."

Tao looks at him, "What happened between you two for him to hate you so much-"

"I already told you that nothing happened- he's delusional. Why are you still questioning me?!" Kris yells

Tao jumps, "I'm sorry. I won't ask again- please don't be mad at me... I love you"

Kris sighs and hugs Tao, "I love you, too... it's just that... With the Junmyeon thing going on and now Baekhyun running away"

Tao breaks the hug, "Do you still have feelings for him? You said you broke up with him-"

"I did but he didn't take it well," Kris defends himself

"Kris... what happened last night," Tao ask for at least the tenth time by now

"I told you already. I broke up with Baekhyun and he started crying then ran off. It was too dark for me to see where he went. But look- no one can know we were the last ones with him- they'll think we hurt him-"

"We? I was in the car the whole time-"

"That's not what the police will think. They try to twist people's words just to get a story- even if it's not the truth- trust me. That's what they did to my dad. They don't care if you're innocent they will come after you so we have to keep quiet," Kris says

Tao nods his head, "Okay. I will, babe"

"You promise?" Kris asks

"I promise," Tao says even though he knows Kris is lying to him. Kris did it for us to be together... right?

Kris pulls Tao in for a kiss. Chanyeol walks out of the main office and sees them. Class is in session so there's no one else around.

Chanyeol feels anger build inside him. If he had Tao this whole time. Why did he need to guilt Baekhyun to be with him too? What is wrong with him

Chanyeol heads to class and tries to burn the image of Tao and Kris kissing inside his head.

*
*
*
*

It's lunchtime, Junmyeon, Yixing, and Sehun are eating while Luhan, Chanyeol, and Kyungsoo just sit there quietly. Minho comes over and takes a seat, "Well, I just got my ass threaten by B- bomb and Zico. How nice"