Chapter 16 ..........

it's 3 am and I wake up, I feel the side of my bed and it's empty. I hate that he stopped coming in here at night. I think about going to him and wrapping my arms around him but I just sound stupid in my head. I hate when I second guess my emotions towards lip. I walk downstairs and pull out my lighter and cigarette, I sit on the porch swing and think about everything I've done here so far since I moved.
When I lived back in my old town I use to have a couple of good friends and I was doing good in school.
I heard the front door open and it was lip.
" Hey " he nods towards me, I give him one of my cigarettes and lit it for him.
" Thanks," he said. I nod not really wanting to talk to him. He sits down next to me on the swing and smiles.
" What's so funny" I say a little annoyed.
" Even though I know you're annoyed with me I can't help but be near you" he takes a breath. I didn't know what to say, all I could do was keep from my mouth being wide open. He laughs quietly and takes another puff.
"Come on... You can't be so surprised" he says smiling so genuine. He puts his elbow on the back of the swing, almost touching me, I shiver from the thought of him touching my back.
" Here" he takes his sweatshirt off but I refuse.
" I like the cold " I say sniffing a little
He holds it out agian.
" please for me " I roll my eyes and take the sweat shirt.
" so what happened to the girl at school,  wasn't she supposed to come to the party"
" she did " she said taking a drag
" oh but I didn't see her there " I look at him and I can feel him hiding something
" I did my job well then "
" I need more info than that lip" I say putting my cigarette in the ash tray. He sighs and faces me.
" me and her have had a really long relationship but most of it was me denying her for most of middle and high-school so I Made it clear that she wasn't going to ruin the party for everyone "
"So what ...did you kill her or something " I joke, he clears his throat.
" I'm sorry Ma'am but that's classified information" he winks at me and smiles.