Chapter 21

"come in?" clover says 

" oh hey I didn't know if anyone was home for a second," says teddy from my music class 101, he has a bouquet of flowers in his hand and he steps inside.  

" Hey, you didn't have to man," I say trying to make clover laugh.

" haha .. funny one Phillip ..actually these are for clover" he hands them to her and I try to make my cheeks less red, I didn't think ted and clover had hit it off that fast at the party. I do remember checking on them once or twice.

" oh wow ... forget me nots .... umm thanks " she smells them and puts them on the table I watch her every move but I can feel teddy staring at me. he clears his throat and I look over at him.

" you good ted?" I said trying not to get angry. clover just stares at both of us with red cheeks.

" yeah umm could me and clover talk .... in private for a minute" his eyes widen more in a signal to read the room but I'm getting more mad. I clear my throat pretty loud and glance at the kitchen tiles with amazement. 

" umm.... yeah duh of course bro" I hit his arm in a playful way but it's a warning even if he doesn't know it yet. I walk up stair with every ounce of my strength not to break the railing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6:00pm 

I ate all my ramen and finished two chapters of my book, I debate to open my door and check on them. I open my door and realize no one is downstairs and clovers door is closed, I could knock on the door and see what he wanted but I go downstairs to work out. while I worked out I focused on thinking about what I was going to do for my art project or what I thought about the book but every time my brain was empty I thought about her with those flowers and legs with scars on them .....all over them. I run faster and faster until I almost trip on the treadmill and I decide to get off and take i shower. I run up the stairs and her door is still closed.

The hot shower starts and I get in, it feels so good against my sweaty skin but I don't get much time to relax. I hear the door open and squeak shut. I know "the parents " don't come back for a little bit so I smirk.

" are you trying to get a sneak peek you perv," I say very loud over the water splashing on my body. I hear her huff and can imagine her eyes rolling. 

" you wish Phillip" I hear Clover's voice and it gives me shivers down my spine. I nod in agreement knowing she cant see me. I clear my voice so she can hear me loud enough.

" so you just going to hang out in here or do you have to tell me something," I say hoping she just wants to hang out.

" he asked me out on a date," she says very confidently

" oh?" I say trying to be happy for her.

" he said something else to that I'm confused about"  

oh? ... and what was that" I say confused