Chapter 19

Me and Missy sit 7 feet apart to wait for our "guardians". I was truly hopping lip didn't call Jackson and Mary they had a day left on ther trip and I didn't want to make them come home early.
I see lip walk towards the office, he stops in the doorway.
" why?" He says shaking his head. He's not staring at me, his eyes are on Missy.
" lippy ... don't be mad" Missy said, I could see lip trying not to cringe at the name.
She gets up and they talk outside of the office so I can't hear them.
I watch as they argue and he looks back at me and then to her.
Her dad came and got Missy, he didn't even look at lip and I don't think lip cared.
He walks back to the door frame of the office and leans on it, he sighs deeply and I assume that's my cue to get up and leave.
I pick up my backpack and walk past him to the exit, I can see out of the corner of my eye that he is following behind.

---------

"Why?" He said walking behind me.
"Why what?" I say annoyed , he doesn't say anything for a minute.
" they aren't home are they " I say stopping a little so he can catch up to me.
" no ... we both don't want them coming home early" he says quietly.
" she called me a bitch " I say almost a whisper.
" oh" says sounding confused
" and she said she was your ... girlfriend "
" um... oh" he says sounding a little shocked.
I clear my throat and walked up to our house. I'm about to open the door when lip puts his hand out infront of it. I jump back in surprise.
" aaaa what are you doing" I say confused
" does it bother you that she is my girlfriend" he says in a an annoying tone.
" hmmm" I deep sigh of annoyance and I'm hoping he sees and stops talking about missy.
" that's not an answer" he says in a serious tone.
" why do you even care what I think ... I'm your sister " there was silence and he opened the door.
" I hope you think about that for a while" I walk inside and run to my room.